Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat - February 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I love the Canterbury Arms. And I'd rather have their unreconstructed, no-nonsense attitude than the haughty cooler-than-thouness you get at somewhere like the Dogstar. That M&S bag story is hilarious - it makes me love the Canterbury even more...
Never booked anything at the Dogstar but agree cooler-than-thouness is a massive turn off. Had it from Dex. I'm sure there's a happy medium.

presumably thats £30 a head

SB_FS_FoodWalk-28-e1355414218589.jpg

that's always been aprt of its charm, to my mind. i love an angry landlord.
I can't ever remember him angry, not even when I bumped into him somewhere a long way out of Brixton, recognised him but thought he was someone else and chuntered away about something completely unconnected with him and he was clearly on a bit of R&R until crashed into it :oops: Even then he just looked a bit irked

Well I love the Canterbury Arms. And I'd rather have their unreconstructed, no-nonsense attitude than the haughty cooler-than-thouness you get at somewhere like the Dogstar.
Bit unfair on the Dogstar staff. Go there in the week and they're supremely friendly, but come the weekend they're probably some of the hardest working bar staff in Brixton, sometimes dealing with unprecedented levels of fuckwittery. I don't blame them for being a little antsy under those circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom