Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat: Autumn - Winter 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

editor

hiraethified
autumn-london-2014.jpg

A little late getting started, but here's the new Autumn - Winter 2018 thread which follows on from this thread which amassed an impressive 1.7k posts: Brixton news, rumours and general chat: Summer - Autumn 2018.

Anyone having problems with BTinternet. It’s usually been reliable for me until Mon am when I started an aspect of my job that involved me conducting a 45 min webinar assessment and it went off twice. Since then it’s been of

Anyone having problems with BTinternet. It’s usually been reliable for me until Mon am when I started an aspect of my job that involved me conducting a 45 min webinar assessment and it went off twice. Since then it’s been of
We’ve been having intermittent problems for a while and the engineer is here now. I think there is a fault somewhere. We’re off Railton Rd.

We’re just off Ferndale Rd they haven’t offered to send an engineer yet will wait and see what happens on 14th when they claim to haves have it fixed.

We’re just off Ferndale Rd they haven’t offered to send an engineer yet will wait and see what happens on 14th when they claim to haves have it fixed.
Good luck. I hate how pissed off I get when the internet goes down.

Reactions: ash
Something pretty heavy kicking off outside tube. Blues and twos galore.

Something pretty heavy kicking off outside tube. Blues and twos galore.
Some sort of preacher was using a gun to illustrate an anti-violence speech. He was pretending to shoot a guy who was playing dead. The gun looked real. Probably a replica, but given the guy's emotional delivery and his delusion that it's OK to wave a gun around in public...well you never know. Armed police arrived and trussed him up.

Mine was playing up last night. But how does one know which link in the chain to blame? Maybe it was sun spots. Or someone vomiting in the green cabinet. Anyway, my discounted first 12 months with BT are up so the bill has more than doubled. Time to change supplier yet again.

Utility companies, like current accounts, credit cards and underpants, need to be changed every 12 months. It's a silly annual dance, but it's begrudgingly worth the effort; a bit like a cèilidh

Some sort of preacher was using a gun to illustrate an anti-violence speech. He was pretending to shoot a guy who was playing dead. The gun looked real. Probably a replica, but given the guy's emotional delivery and his delusion that it's OK to wave a gun around in public...well you never know. Armed police arrived and trussed him up.

What a fucking prat.

What an utter dickhead.

Utility companies, like current accounts, credit cards and underpants, need to be changed every 12 months. It's a silly annual dance, but it's begrudgingly worth the effort; a bit like a cèilidh

If you pay for a service you should be able to get a minimum standard of service whatever the supplier.

Its one place where the neo liberal dogma of choice failed. Saying its a silly dance is buying into it.

We have been here before.

Strange to see the Dogstar now offering VIP entry, and table packages for £180...

Makes a change from Winston carving a hole in the floor to drop the door cash through to stop them from being robbed so frequently.
They've made some odd and not exactly positive changes of late, like having a woman going around the dance floor selling shots, West End style. Tacky as fuck. They've done what they describe as 'VIP entry' for ages though. Given the length of the queues and the fact that they usually offer a totally free guestlist to anyone who wants to get on it, then it seems fair enough to make queue-hoppers shell out.

It's funny that when it opened it seemed the very essence of gentrification. Now it's right at the bottom end of the scale for Brixton, and, to be honest, pretty good value at free/£3-£5 for a night with DJs that's open til 4am. I hope the staff are successful in their bid for a decent wage though.

You are saying there is no choice?

Looking back Im agreeing its a silly dance.

What I'm saying is straightforward. Pay for service to get a basic utility get minimum standards.

Privatisation was supposed to have sorted this out. Its failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom