Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton helicopter thread

Yeah it woke me & Ms Hatter up last night about 1 / 1.30am....sounded really low. I've noticed it a lot over the past week or so, mostly in the afternoon/evening though.

Woken up at (I think) about 3am by a helicopter. Got back to sleep only to be woken by it some time later and not able to get back to sleep. It was quite high up and circling about noisily, as they do. Feeling quite tired and grumpy.

Been hovering over the Hill for a while
There was a fire off St Matthews Road, at Crownstone Court. Looks like arson, a motorbike set on fire beside the block and the fire spread to ground floor flat. Someone tweeted that there were five fires set in Brixton overnight. At one point police seemed to be looking at a wall some way away from where the fire started, I got the impression they were talking about someone or something going over the wall.

02.54 Over Brixton assisting with a search for suspect starting fires around the area. -- MPS Helicopter (@MPSinthesky)

One been hovering over what looks like Shakespeare Road/ Loughborough Junction/ Coldharbour Lane area for bloody ages.

It was there for ruddy ages and I only noticed the fire when I got up to shake my fist at the skies.

There was a helicopter landing in Ruskin Park yesterday lunchtime, it didn't appear to be the London HEMS one. Here's a pic taken from the roof of Blue Star House - https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/xOjZynMv_9pnockD34eNsdMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

I've been stalking the Police helicopter twitter feed @MPSinthesky - they were looking for "vunerable missing persons in Brockwell Park at 04:20 this morning.

I've collated the photos they have put out on twitter into an album on google here - https://picasaweb.google.com/113621438624453562389/MPSPhotos?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Been hovering round the top of Brixton Hill for about 20 minutes now, starting to get a little annoying now.

Summat's been circling around Brixton - maybe around the rec / market area - for a while now nothing on the twitter feeds for MPS or Air Ambulance but then if it is either of them I forgive them for concentrating on the job in hand rather than playing on their mobiles...

Someone assaulted/stabbed outside the shops at the bottom of Tulse Hill.

Lots of police and the helicopter.

Back
Top Bottom