Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton food & drink news: new restaurants, bars, pop ups, cafes and more

Onket

Je suis [CONTENT REMOVED]
Can anyone recommend anywhere I've not been yet?

Done-
Phoenix
Duck Egg
Ritzy
Speedy Noodle
Wetherspoons
Trinity
Semas

And some other places, probably.

*Breakfast, Dinner, Tea

Cafe Max - Station Road (Portuguese Cafe)
The Roti Caravan - Station Road (has a little sit down bit in it sometimes)
Fujiyama
The Albert - they do food all day till 9pm now. Cheap and cheerful

All of these come with the nipsla seal of approval. As does Quimmy's suggestion.

ETA - Quimmy's suggestion of San Marino. Not Brixton Village. I haven't really eaten in there at any point as I can only get there evenings/weekends and it's too busy. Might be better weekdays.

For some cheap and tasty North African food, go to the place at the beginning of Brixton Station Road opposite San Marinos. They do great soups, tagines, barbecued meats and koskos. The post-meal mint tea is guaranteed to hit the spot.

You tried any of the places in Brixton Village yet? I def recommend Brick Box and Casa Morita, both well fit and cheap :)

That's the first time I've heard casa morita described as cheap. Consensus up til now seemed to be expensive if you actually wanted to be full when you left.

san marinos?

Done.

Subway, Costa, Starfucks, Vera Cruz

Done them all except Starbucks.

Cafe Max - Station Road (Portuguese Cafe)
The Roti Caravan - Station Road (has a little sit down bit in it sometimes)
Fujiyama
The Albert - they do food all day till 9pm now. Cheap and cheerful

Done them all apart from Cafe Max- is that the one inbetween Footlocker & Argos?
For some cheap and tasty North African food, go to the place at the beginning of Brixton Station Road opposite San Marinos. They do great soups, tagines, barbecued meats and koskos. The post-meal mint tea is guaranteed to hit the spot.

Done. And yes, it is pretty good. :)

Electric Social food is good.

Done (well, some nibbles after work at someone's leaving do).

Kao Sarn at BV main entrance. Open late all nights (10 I think). Be prepared for a wait.

Dinner, not tea.

That's the first time I've heard casa morita described as cheap. Consensus up til now seemed to be expensive if you actually wanted to be full when you left.

I guess it depends on what dish you choose and how hungry you are. Either it's really tasty. Esp he chicken tostadas :)

I'm not recommending it as a dinner date destination - it's still pub grub after all - but the Albert food has vastly improved now. They're using loads more fresh produce and have chefs employed full time.

I'm not sure what time they stop serving food though, but it's later than before.

I'm not recommending it as a dinner date destination - it's still pub grub after all - but the Albert food has vastly improved now. They're using loads more fresh produce and have chefs employed full time.

I'm not sure what time they stop serving food though, but it's later than before.

Huh. Was in there on Saturday and looked at the menu board on the wall thinking that's way too cheap to be nice.

Huh. Was in there on Saturday and looked at the menu board on the wall thinking that's way too cheap to be nice.

The beer & burger works out at about 90p for the burger & chips. I think if you choose wine it's about 10p.

Back
Top Bottom