Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brexiteer MP says his 'French-speaking' dogs should be able to keep free movement rights

editor

hiraethified
Just listen to this absolute bellend and the smug response by that underfoot excrement Gove.

A Brexiteer Tory MP has urged the government to let his dogs keep their freedom of movement rights after Britain leaves the EU.

Bob Stewart, the MP for Beckenham, said his "French-speaking" hounds crossed the Channel regularly on their EU "pet passports".

Millions of Britons are set to lose the ability to live and work freely on the continent at the end of the year as a result of the UK's departure from the bloc.

But animals may also be affected, with no direct replacement of the pet passport scheme yet agreed and the future uncertain.

"Our two French-speaking dogs cross the Channel several times a year on a pet passport," Mr Stewart said during a parliamentary debate on Brexit trade negotiations.

"And on their behalf, and on behalf of all other dog owners that take their labradors... on behalf of all pet owners who take their dogs abroad on a pet passport, can I ask if there will be similar arrangements after December 31?"

Most opponents of free movement don't want to end their rights to go there but end other people's rights to come here.
What I think they want are people not to come and live and work here without restriction. . something the government can just implement for the most part without brexit anyway. . . they just didn't. People here illegally will still be, brexit doesn't fix that. All brexit does is fuck up our freedom of movement and free up the tories to implement loads of shit the EU would not allow.
I HATE IT.
And they want dog passports. FFS. Really not the biggest problem.

Or wouf wouf if they're poncy Parisian hounds.

The also roll their eyes and switch to woof woof if you try and wouf back at them :mad:

Back
Top Bottom