Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

boring car tyre question

bimble

floofy
When i go round bends the tyres make a screeching squealing noise.
This is new, wasn't like that a week or two ago.
Tyres look fine, not worn. Pressure is correct, did that yesterday.
It's not that i'm going round the bends fast, i'm not, just sounds like I am.

So, am I gonna die / do i have to phone the garage or what?
I really don't want to have to do anything but it is a bit alarming the noise - is it something that needs looking into or can I ignore it?

If the tyres and pressure are both good it is probably a combination of the speed and the road surface. The surface could be a bit polished which will make the tyres squeal even at low speeds.

Personally, I'd not worry about it unless it goes on for a long time.

Enjoy the sound of it while pretending you're a race driver.

What is the brand of tyre? In the USA tyres squeal all the time because they prefer ultra-long life ones that are consequently bad at cornering, as they don’t have many corners there. In Europe softer compounds are used that wear more quickly but grip better in corners.

It could be you have a cheapo imported tyre brand (e.g. Chinese) that isn’t suited to UK roads?

What is the brand of tyre? In the USA tyres squeal all the time because they prefer ultra-long life ones that are consequently bad at cornering, as they don’t have many corners there. In Europe softer compounds are used that wear more quickly but grip better in corners.

It could be you have a cheapo imported tyre brand (e.g. Chinese) that isn’t suited to UK roads?
Tyres are the same ones I've had since i got the car, just the noise is new. I think they're fine, they're a type of all-weather tyre, say Yokohama on them which i see is a city in Japan and also a tyre factory near Milton Keynes.

Tyres are the same ones I've had since i got the car, just the noise is new. I think they're fine, they're a type of all-weather tyre, say Yokohama on them which i see is a city in Japan and also a tyre factory near Milton Keynes.

Yes you're highly unlikely to get squealing from those as it's a reputable brand.

Back
Top Bottom