Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Boeing 737 skids into Florida river on landing

friedaweed

Me and me girl named Jane
The chartered aircraft, operated by 'Miami Air International', had flown from Guantanamo Bay in Cuba to a military base in city of Jacksonville .

Sounds a bit Air America :hmm: Where's it's nose gone :eek:

_106792188_mediaitem106792264.jpg

Boeing 737 skids into Florida river

probably the equivalent of a trooping flight Gitmo's a big base so it works out cheaper to use charter flights than actual military transport aircraft? more reliable too what with Floridas atrocious weather (nothing to do with the vast number of golf courses:D can't possibly fly today there's a cloud near the horizon surely the harbinger of a hurricane:hmm:*)

The nose contains the radar, so worth a few quid and would get taken off to save it, I guess. Either that or it landed in the Mersey :p

BIB, careful now, I once made a quip like that on here, and some scouser got seriously arsey about it.

I could only reply with, 'what's up, has someone nicked your sense of humour?'

Last edited:
Not sure if there's much of a difference between calling Africans robbing bastards and calling scousers robbing bastards, so I'm happy to call both of those things racism. You keep laughing though. " :D "

I trained on Liverpool wards (all over). So i’m talking to a patient on a ward at Broad Oak unit (Broad Green hospital) and mention i used to be a venture scout and had plenty of merit badges. He goes ‘you don’t get merit badges where i’m from (Speke), you get a charge sheet’ :D (well we both laughed anyway).

I think it's pretty cool that we live in a country with all this regional diversity and disparity but still *nearly* everyone's got a sense of humour and can have a bit of banter and it's a good laugh for everyone when posh people in the south of england can do the jokes about scousers stealing stuff, and everyone's heard it before but it's still funny because of the great british sense of humour, which is what keeps us all together as a nation in the end.

So, is the 737 Max a different Boeing plane? Ralph Nader has been calling for a total recall since Ethiopian crash in which his niece died—and being half a century consumer advocate

So, is the 737 Max a different Boeing plane? Ralph Nader has been calling for a total recall since Ethiopian crash in which his niece died—and being half a century consumer advocate
Yep, the 737 Max is a different plane. Boeing have kept adapting and changing what is now a very old design, raising it to accommodate fatter jet intakes, lengthening the range etc. I think the Max is the death knell for the 737. Even if it is rendered safe, customers won't want to fly in it. Boeing have really fucked up.

Back
Top Bottom