Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

boat race to go with a bomb

hash tag

Reaching out
Before an oar has been pulled, there is already drama. A bomb has been found on the river banks by Putney Bridge.
Before you ask, no it's not the Palace fans leftovers from today's victorious and glorious game.

damn it they found it before the teams hit it

would of made the whole thing more interesting...

They're leaving it there till after the race, so there's still an outside chance of some of the chaps getting their aviation blues.

Well, if it is an UXB, it has been there since the 1940s, with the tide etc coming and going, so another day or two shouldn't hurt!

Well, if it is an UXB, it has been there since the 1940s, with the tide etc coming and going, so another day or two shouldn't hurt!

Unless someone could come up with a way of detonatimg it from a safe distance; altered magnetic field, high velocity pea shooter, or something along similar lines.

It is "underwater" - more likely deep in the tidal mud ... so "good luck" with anyone trying to shoot it !

The tide may have "moved" it, anyway.

According to the beeb, the bomb squad have to wait until "low water" at around midnight to carry out their examination.

Has anyone actually seen this so called bomb? Is it just a publicity stunt to generate interest?
Today, I shall be walking in the other direction towards Picadilly, so there!

If only Heath-Robinson were still alive. He could have blown it for us!

I say this every year, but if these Oxbridge types are that clever, why don't they know that the 337 bus goes from Putney to Mortlake?

I say this every year, but if these Oxbridge types are that clever, why don't they know that the 337 bus goes from Putney to Mortlake?

Being educated they've worked out that it's quicker to row with all the extra traffic and general mayhem you get on a boat race day

Back
Top Bottom