Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BMX

Where have they GOT this commentator from? French rider 'going round this track like garlic puree' :facepalm:

they wear shit clothes dont they. why not lycra?

There's a fairly strong concensus in the sport that it would make the sport look shit. Some Aussie fella tried it once along removing the peak from his helemt and was made to look like a twat. Roots of the sport are in motocross so a lot of the kit is very similar other than the shorts some wear.

Good start I thought, some good results and a few surprises.

I'm at work tomorrow and Friday so I'll have to watch catch up:facepalm: .

To 'keep it real' apparently. Lycra's banned so the sport stays closer to it's roots. Though if that's the case, the riders should all hang around smoking soapbar and sneering at rollerbladers for a couple of hours first.

That's nuts! Surely if wearing lycra and using a more aerodynamic helmet could shave half a second off their time they should be allowed to

There's just been another one Minnie; major faceplant.

Missed it

It had finished on the side I'm watching it and hockey's on.

This is the first time there's actually nothing on that I'm bothered about watching and I'm managing to get some housework and cooking done :D

*goes to see if I can watch live online*

It's a great course, wouldn't mind a go on that myself. Some of the transitions are really sweet and the rhythm section looks perfect, reckon it'd be brilliant fun trying to keep the front end up through that on a big power-manual! I wonder if they'll keep it open to the public once the games are over?

You can come surprisingly uninjured off a faceplant, you would be amazed. Depends if you know how to fall.

You can come surprisingly uninjured off a faceplant, you would be amazed. Depends if you know how to fall.

The Commando Roll was the first really useful 'trick' I learned and it got me out of trouble on many an occasion. The people who hurt themselves are usually those who forget to ditch the bike as soon as things go wrong; trying to land something which obviously won't land - let go of the bars, chuck the bike and worry about the stuff you can't replace at your local bike shop!