Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BMX

Part 2

bizarre wanking accident
Starts this afternoon. I thought they were running the time trials as a separate event but it looks like they're just using it for seeding.

Shanaze Reade says she's the underdog rather than the favourite she was going into Beijing and I'd agree. She's only done one race this year; The Worlds where she crashed out. I expect she'll make a fast time in the seeding runs but come race time she'll need to get out front and hold the others off from passing her. She's usually far more powerful out of the gate than the others but she's not smooth when the track gets technical so others could catch up on the third and fourth straights. She did win an event last year on a very similar track though.

I'd expect to see Shanaze, Caroline Buchanan, Alise Post, Sarah Walker and Mariana Pajon challenging for the gold.

Liam Philips has looked very fast this year out of the gate and had his best Supercross result, a 2nd in an indoor race in Norway and he also won at the indoor in Caen, both very different tracks to this though. I expect he'll do well in the seeding runs but he lacks something in racing and he's been prone to crashing; at The Worlds in June he broke his collarbone. If he gets to the semis on Friday it will be a good result I think.

Anything could happen though, some really strong contenders, Connor Fields, Maris Strombergs, Joris Daudet, Marc Willers, Sam Willoughby

I've been pretending I can't be arsed but tbh I can't wait:cool:

And we're off.

Track is looking great...built by my mates.

Shanaze first run now. big cheer from the crowd. Nice safe first lap.

I'm sure I heard on R4 this morning that they reach 60kph on that first ramp :eek:

This commentator's a bit of a dick :facepalm: I wonder if he'll comment on how the male riders have 'chosen to accessorise'? :rolleyes:

They must have some dirt jumping going on in between mens and womens seeding runs from what I can gather of the background commentary.