Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Black & White Stripey Tops - irrational dislike

DY4cyCBV4AAJQID

70S ALT NY seems to be central in all this

who is on the far right in that pic?

Grant's wardrobe throughout To Catch a Thief is impeccable, but the striped top / red neckerchief combo is iconic.
this isnt doing it for me
Opera Snapshot_2020-10-09_145130_www.youtube.com.png

but fair play on the stripey number

those stripes are quite thin though...theres a point where if they get thing enough its not as bad...still not for me though

Grant's wardrobe throughout To Catch a Thief is impeccable, but the striped top / red neckerchief combo is iconic.
He's way too old for the role (and for Grace Kelly) but who doesn't want to be like Cary Grant? (Kudos to the great Edith Head too.)

It's interesting that this outfit means different things to different people: the French, landfill indie bands, the Ramones.

Personally, I haven't been much of a fan of these since I got unnecessarily dragged through the courts for stabbing the Hamburglar in the back with his own screwdriver.

If the cunt wants to try and charge people £500 for a simple bit of rewiring then he'd fucking well better look out.

I bought a stripey/hooped t-shirt the other day because I didn't want yet another black or grey 'marl' one but I don't really do colours. I'm a bit wary of wearing it outdoors though.

this isnt doing it for me
View attachment 233619
the cut of the lapels etc is all out of whack for the modern wardrobe, so it's for reference only really - you can't see it in the pic, but in the striped top outfit he's wearing some very high waist, very wide trousers which it would be difficult to carry off today. But the way they all hang off Grant throughout the film is perfect.

Back
Top Bottom