Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Black Lives Matter protests in Brixton 2020

So on Saturday we have this

Reparations Day Call For Action - 'Brixton Blackout' walk from Clapham Common to Windrush Square, Sat 1st August 2020

And we have Lambeth telling people not to go:

Could be interesting....

So on Saturday we have this

Reparations Day Call For Action - 'Brixton Blackout' walk from Clapham Common to Windrush Square, Sat 1st August 2020'Brixton Blackout' walk from Clapham Common to Windrush Square, Sat 1st August 2020

And we have Lambeth telling people not to go:

Could be interesting....

The latest issue of Lambeth Talk ( formerly Lambeth Life the official propaganda vehicle for the Labour Council) has leading Cllrs saying how much they support the BLM protests.

I think some of this is internal Lambeth pollitics.

The front page of Lambeth Talk has picture of BLM demo in Windrush Square.

The reparations demo was never part of the Lambeth Labour party machine.

So Council tell people to stay away for purely medical reasons.

I don't believe that.

What language does 'maangamizi' originate from?
According to Professor Maulana Karenga Maangamizi, the Swahili term for Holocaust and continuum of chattel, colonial and neocolonial enslavement, is more appropriate than its alternative category Maafa. For maafa which means calamity, accident, ill luck, disaster, or damage does not indicate intentionality. It could be a natural disaster or a deadly highway accident. But Maangamizi is derived from the verb -angamiza which means to cause destruction, to utterly destroy and thus carries with it a sense of intentionality. The “a” prefix suggests an amplified destruction and thus speaks to the massive nature of the Holocaust.

So a lot of people have broken the Covid laws, causing more infections, using lots of police time, and for what? Their party won't add a penny to the millions being paid out in reparations.

Who on earth is "@OldHolborn" - his tweets often have a Fascist ring to them - as here.
Funny thing is he's follwed by people like Ted Jeory (Blairite Labour) and Ruth Gledhill (formerly religious correspondent of The Times)

It's starting to get to me :mad:

What's going on in Brixton currently ?
Apart from the parties around the front and back of my block, I think there may be a bit of a gathering in Windrush Square (although that was supposed to end at 8pm). I'll be going past in about 45 mins so will report back if there's anything going on!

Back
Top Bottom