Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Black Lives Matter protests in Brixton 2020

editor

hiraethified
Black Lives Matter protest in Brixton today, 1st June 2020, 2pm

There seems some confusion about the time of this today, but I don't expect it will be the only protest happening in Brixton.

Good luck to everyone going to this, I hope they socially distance more than the embassy protesters seemed to be doing yesterday, or there could be more fatalities as a result of the protest.

I made the mistake of posting this in the 'Memories of Brixton and Stockwell' Facebook group and there's been a constant and depressing stream of racism/ignorance in response, mainly from old folk who have long left the neighbourhood. :(

I heard on BBC London earlier that Tommy Robinson and some of his mob were at the central London demo.

Like Nike, amongst others, that smacks of jumping on the band wagon of niceness. It's deeds that matter, not words. I don't know the make up of Lambert but with Nike all their senior type staff are white according to a statement this morning.

I've had to post this to counter the claims that last night's violence was directly linked to the earlier Black Lives Matter protest in Windrush Square.

No, the Black Lives Matter live music event was NOT linked to the Brixton disturbances last night

Might be good if you really post up a refutation on twitter based on your own eye-witness account, the right wing/Brixton-ignorant twitter sphere has completely linked the two events, it's hard to overstate the amount of bullshit there is out there on this.

:thumbs:
Might be good if you really post up a refutation on twitter based on your own eye-witness account, the right wing/Brixton-ignorant twitter sphere has completely linked the two events, it's hard to overstate the amount of bullshit there is out there on this.

ETA just seen youve done this:thumbs:

I've tweeted it out to 25k followers, shared it on social media, tweeted the twat above, and linked it to the page on Buzz which has had HUGE traffic today.

I've had to post this to counter the claims that last night's violence was directly linked to the earlier Black Lives Matter protest in Windrush Square.

No, the Black Lives Matter live music event was NOT linked to the Brixton disturbances last night

Glad you made this clear on Brixton Buzz. Some appaling right wing comments put up after this article I see.

any descent into lawlessness on the streets pales into insignificance in comparison to the descent into lawlessness by the government which has wrecked many many lives in the windrush scandal

Back
Top Bottom