Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Best way to get from Bristol to Brecon

miss direct

misfungled
I need to get from Bristol to anywhere in or near the Brecon Beacons (could be Brecon, Abergavenny, Merthyr Tydfil, etc. I have a very heavy case and a painful foot, so want the least complicated (as well as cheapest) method. My head already hurts looking at all the options. Perhaps somebody local can help with advice?

Thanks!
Any idea about what the transfer at Cardiff is like? The train station is about a 20 minute walk (well, 20 minutes for a normal person without enormous luggage) from where I'm staying in Bristol.
central is compact, with all platforms (except dreaded platform 0 which is usually only local connections) next to each other, dead easy to navigate :)

central is compact, with all platforms (except dreaded platform 0 which is usually only local connections) next to each other, dead easy to navigate :)
Oh great. I actually spent some time studying in Cardiff, and used the train station a lot, but that was 17 years ago...

Newport Station isn't big. When I've changed trains there it's usually stairs or lift to switch platforms.

Isn't there only 2 platforms? I used to get trains between London and Hereford there. You just changed platforms on the same concourse IIRC. The train to Hereford stopped at Abergavenny. But this was 20 + years ago...

e2a (oh yeah, wiki) 4 platforms and lifts.

I was on that one from Cardif back to Bristol yesterday. No toilet on platform 0 but on all the others. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom