Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Best days to WFH

Chairman Meow

Perth, WA
I've been WFH for the last few months as Covid just reached us a few months ago, after the WA border was re-opened. Anyway, I've been asked to start coming into the office again. I currently work an 8 1/2 day fortnight with alternate Fridays off, and the other Friday is a half day. I can work two days a week from home and have been asked which days I want. Its fairly flexible, so I can change my mind, but what do you think are the best days to pick? I can't decide!

I have no experience of working from home but I would go for Wednesday to get a break from the commute. Second day working from home 🤔 I’m torn between Tuesday and Thursday. I think I’ll go for Thursday. Nah scrap that. Monday and Wednesday…final answer

Monday and Tuesday i reckon.

Ask me next week and I’ll say something different. Do you need to decide on a set schedule? Just being flexible is the best way.

My boss asked me for preferred days, but I think I can be fairly flexible. Its winter here so I will probably just stay home when its raining.:D And Mondays, I hate going to work on Mondays, so a commute from bed to desk will definitely help.

Here in London if it were me it would have to be timed so that I got to the cap on the weekly travelcard (so I could travel for free on my days off), or it would just be an annoying waste of fares.

Obviously depends on your circumstances, but you'll probably find Monday and especially Friday are the days when no-one is in the office. So you might either pick them or avoid them depending on your preference.
excatly. also likely to be lighter traffic on the roads so may make your commute easier/less painful.

I only have a small commute, I get a lift in the morning (about a 25 minute drive), and the bus home ( about 50 mins on a practically empty bus). So that isn't really a factor.

What is an office TWAT? :D

Anyone here an office TWAT?

FPuoqYCWYAIucDn

Depends. For me if I'm not travelling/commuting much Wednesday is a good one to catch a break, especially if you can get into the rhythm of it every week.

If I'm traveling/commuting loads I'll tack on my time at home to the beginning or the end of the week to contain the whole ordeal into one lump.

Just one day in the office for me - Fridays are out due to it holidaymaker traffic. So I tend to go in when it suits me :)

Back
Top Bottom