Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Berlin in January ideas please

Went up the TV tower on Monday before we left, about £6 each, spent 2 hrs in restaurant, continental breakfast with 3 cheeses, jam and honey, grapes and 3 types of salami x 2. A beer, orange juice and coffe, a croissant and Nutella for the bo, scrambled egg and bacon and total bill was £30! In the UK you'd have needed a small mortgage!

Last edited:
Remember that the Stadium went through a very comprehensive rebuilding post 2000 - They pretty-much slotted an entire brand-new stadium into the old shell!

Driving to Berlin, arrive on Wednesday, so May not January. Three days in the centre and then three days with friends in the suburbs. Ms747 lived here for a year in DDR times and we are staying with friends but any recent recommendations please?

There's a bar called Zwiebelfisch near the Savignyplatz s-bahn station. Used to go there when staying at the (now defunct) Hotel Bogota. There's also a good Turkish restaurant in that area too.

Driving to Berlin, arrive on Wednesday, so May not January. Three days in the centre and then three days with friends in the suburbs. Ms747 lived here for a year in DDR times and we are staying with friends but any recent recommendations please?
This would be up your straße I imagine

I didn’t manage to go on the airport tour, but the park they have made from the runway is cool.

If you’re driving check if the Spandau Zitadelle is on any of your routes. Interesting place. Probably not worth a trip on its own but we stopped off on the way to an abandoned airfield so got 2 in one go.

The giant Soviet soldier memorial in Treptower park.

Donner kebabs and Bosnian and Turkish and other different food in Neukolln.

The Jewish museum. I would love to go. Never did.

If you're skint get a 4 ticket block for the metro and abuse it if youre cheeky by not stamping it for shorter journeys.

Yes, I was going to say the Jewish Museum but couldn't remember if it was called the holocaust museum or not.

It's quite a place.

Back
Top Bottom