Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Beer and Bats at Cody Dock, Canning Town, east London

Epona

Sonic: 1 Nov 2006 - 8 Jan 2022
Friday 22nd July
19:30 to 22:30

(Cody Dock is just a few minutes very easy walk from Star Lane DLR, about 20 mins walk from Canning Town station or West Ham station, bus 323 from Mile End or Canning Town station stops nearby, also near bus route 276 which stops near Star Lane).

Beer and Bats.JPG

I mentioned that I did this last month, if you have an interest in bats it is really good fun!

It is free to attend, well you are volunteering your time to help do some bat monitoring! There is a pop-up bar where you can purchase adult beverages and soft drinks. No experience necessary, training is given and bat detectors are provided.

The site is open all evening so you can go straight from work and bring a picnic or order food for delivery before the event starts to eat in the picnic area if you like, and there is a covered outdoor bar area with a fire and music and chat to round off the evening if you want to stay a bit later.

Due to limitations on numbers, there is a booking process - tickets are free though.

I will (barring emergencies or illness ofc!) be there :) That may be a selling point or completely off-putting mind you :D It would be lovely to see/meet some urbanites there!

Reserve your tickets here:

Last edited:
As a complete aside Epona mate, opening up again after a refurb.

Aye, I saw, I just hope it's not going to have loud karaoke nights due to proximity to my flat :D
The old pub was rough as fuck, I wasn't really very sorry to see it go. Beautiful building mind (if you like old London pub architecture ofc). The back half of it is flats now.

This is happening this Friday, not sure whether there are still tickets left but there may well be - although there is an upper limit of volunteers for these events, it is quite a generous number, I think we had nearly 50 last month - and it is a very pleasant and relaxed evening, you don't need to be a bat expert to enjoy yourself, although obviously having an interest helps! :)

Anyone who is going, please feel free to let me know if you wish so we can say hi - our current plan is (if it isn't raining) is to head down a bit earlier than the advertised start time and have some food that we have brought from home to eat in the picnic area before it starts, it is also possible to order food for delivery from local restaurants and takeaways.

Tickets for the next one are now available.

Bit earlier start due to dusk starting to get a bit earlier.

Beer and Bats at Cody Dock - Friday 26th August

EDIT: Many thanks for changing the thread title! :thumbs:

Last edited:
Beer and Bats 3.JPG

Tickets* for the final Beer and Bats of 2022 are now available!

Beer and Bats at Cody Dock, Friday 23rd September, 7pm-10pm

Book Here - Eventbrite

*(free, but you can also get a deal on a drink/bar snacks with a paid ticket which works out as a slight discount over bar prices on the night - the bar is reasonable prices for London however)

The site including picnic area and bar is open all evening and the bar remains open for a bit afterwards, covered bar area with a fire pit, very convivial.

ouirdeaux Numbers

Thanks. It's a work-free weekend, so I should be able to make it, & finally see a bat. Unless my apparently natural bat repellent ruins it for everyone else, & nobody sees any.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom