Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Beautiful Days Festival 2009

Are you going to Beautiful Days?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i lost a welly. :(

But my super walking boots Pieface bought me about 10 days before I fell off a fucking ladder (oh, the irony) fear no mud.

busk_470x353.jpg

We all knew them before they woz famous :)

I bet they will be, in fact I bet they'll play a number of tims around the site ... :cool: :)

They're warming up in Exeter tonight, maybe Stig'll send an update from her dongle ... :p

Have pretty much sorted everything ready to go in the morning.
Wasn't quite as much of a mad dash as thought.

Dinner is still in the oven as we forgot to turn it on when we got in :rolleyes:

5 hours till my alarm goes off :eek:

We had to leave early, but I have to say it was fucking amazing. Better even than Endorse-It - something I thought I'd never say.

The site is fantastic - lush, green, hilly with loads of big trees and tons of space - and the festival is incredibly well thought out with heaps of stuff going on and a fantastic vibe throughout. And the toilets? Ruddy spotless!

We *have* to get a big urban mob down next year - I promise you won't be disappointed!

had a great time, largely by avoiding almost all the music and anyone wearing a tankard :D

but i fell out of the van about 6am this morning and fucked my leg, it's only now i'm home and sober that the pain - and how badly i've fucked it - have become apparent.

yeh they were great. Shane was on slightly better form than of late, but still pretty incoherent. But the songs are bigger than him now somehow - he can't fuck them up, and the crowd do all the singing anyway :D

only other band I watched was the Subhumans, who were ace.

That's good to hear. I'd've liked that, I imagine. Last time I saw them in Brixton the crowd did most of the vocals too. The rest of them are still a fine band, imo.

I have GOT to start getting the mondays after festivals off. I can't do this anymore :( :D

I had a ball - I didn't see many bands like but wandered about and chatted. I particularly enjoyed getting pissed on the grass outside the Bimble Inn on saturday afternoon w Eme and Ed :)

i saw a hippy wearing a cape made of real ale beermats.

I thought about beating him to death with a chair and those thoughts were the most fun I had all weekend :)

After hearing El Jefe bang on about the tankards, I was expecting to see them clattering on belts everywhere, but I think I only saw a handful all weekend.

There was, however, a delightful selection of real ales and ciders available, and some decent food too.

I only saw a handful of bands but had a fantastic time, even if we were virtually camped on top of the *enormous* main stage bass bins, with early morning sound checks making the air bed oscillate wildly and hungover heads feel terrible.

Sleep was a commodity in short supply all weekend - I tried an afternoon nap during the Dub Pistols but the bass was so loud that Eme's voice was actually warbling when she spoke, thanks to the thunderous bass waves!

Big thanks to El Jefe and Pieface for making the weekend happen.

Back
Top Bottom