Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Barry Cryer - RIP

Bum that's two interview giant staples of the channel 5 list / reminisce shows gone. It's just going to be paddy McGinnis and Paul off neighbours soon.
He was a really nice chap from what little 'biz' interaction I had with him. Professional and rather tolerant for his age an status when he really didn't have to be .

R.I.P.

I saw him during a recording of ISIHAC (Humph, Tim BT & Graeme Garden too) and what you don't get from the radio broadcasts is just how much other stuff the panel members get up to at the same time.

Barry especially acting shocked and horrified at some of the smut and innuendo 😁

Now, as someone said up thread, there's only Graeme Garden left...

And Colin Sell.

Young man goes home with a tab of acid. Leaves it on the kitchen table. Goes upstairs for a bit, comes back down and the acid is gone. Says to his mum "have you seen my tablet?"

Mum replies, "never mind your tablet, there's a dragon on the shed".

I saw him during a recording of ISIHAC (Humph, Tim BT & Graeme Garden too) and what you don't get from the radio broadcasts is just how much other stuff the panel members get up to at the same time.

Barry especially acting shocked and horrified at some of the smut and innuendo 😁

Now, as someone said up thread, there's only Graeme Garden left...

And Colin Sell.
He's been commissioned to score the funeral. He gave it a solid 7/10.

Young man goes home with a tab of acid. Leaves it on the kitchen table. Goes upstairs for a bit, comes back down and the acid is gone. Says to his mum "have you seen my tablet?"

Mum replies, "never mind your tablet, there's a dragon on the shed".

Obviously written by someone who's never actually taken acid, but still funny.

Was it scripted at the beginning? I have an idea it was very different once. But I loved it in all its incarnations.

Almost cross-posted this with you.

Comedy legend and a lovely fella too. RIP.

This is fucking funny:

I never could stand I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue, though. Seemed more about amusing themselves than anyone else...

Love the joke.

Also loved I’m Sorry I Haven’t A Clue.
Guess I reacted to it differently to you but
I loved it when they were cracking each other up - it felt like all of us were in on the joke (to me).

RIP Barry

Last edited:
Love the joke.

Also loved I’m Sorry I Haven’t A Clue.
Guess I reacted to it differently to you but
I loved it when they were cracking each other up - it felt like all of us were in on the joke (to me).

RIP Barry
Exactly this. It was a private joke that we were all in on. Isihac has left me in painful hysterics. Very few things can do that.

Exactly this. It was a private joke that we were all in on. Isihac has left me in painful hysterics. Very few things can do that.

What you find funny is entirely subjective, of course. That kind of parlour-game larks just doesn't do it for me, but each to their own.

I used to really grimace at those jokes, until I read just how bloody puritanical the lawyers were about what they could say, and realised it was all a game to sneak outrageous innuendo past them. And, let's face it...it worked! :Dha
That, and "observations" involving Lionel Blair and Give us a Clue - climaxing with him having to "pull off twelve angry men in under a minute"

He’d just started a podcast with his son ( called Bob Cryer btw, The Bill fans!) where he just goes to the pub with a fellow comedian and just shoots the breeze. Only 7 episodes recorded, sadly:

Back
Top Bottom