Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Baldur's Gate III

That's good - I like my games to be a lot :)

Won't be able to get it til it is in a sale of some sort, but looks like my PC meets minimum spec so definitely want it :)

Are you a multiple playthroughs type? Definitely think it favours that... I'm very much not; time and being too much of a completionist. But the latter is impossible without multiple playthroughs. I am now seriously contemplating a gnome bard murder hobo run.

Are you a multiple playthroughs type? Definitely think it favours that... I'm very much not; time and being too much of a completionist. But the latter is impossible without multiple playthroughs. I am now seriously contemplating a gnome bard murder hobo run.

I am - I played modded NWN for around 5 years, and TESIII: Morrowind for about 7. I like games that have a lot of replayability with different builds or following different story paths.
Even in the MMO I play I have multiple characters - although sad to say my interest in that is waning a bit of late. I am sure it will return, but I need something in the meantime.

I am - I played modded NWN for around 5 years, and TESIII: Morrowind for about 7. I like games that have a lot of replayability with different builds or following different story paths.
Even in the MMO I play I have multiple characters - although sad to say my interest in that is waning a bit of late. I am sure it will return, but I need something in the meantime.

Oh yeah you'll fucking love this shit.

Oh yeah you'll fucking love this shit.

Brilliant, it's wishlisted so I'll get it when it is at a discount sometime.

I tend to love this sort of in depth RPG game - BG1 and BG2 were great, loved NWN/NWN2, all the Gothic series, all the Divinity series, all the TES and Fallout games (including the old isometric FO ones), Dragon Age series, etc. etc.

Morrowind is one of the greatest games ever. Did you play NwN online? Amazingly there are still servers that host PWs, even 21 years on.

I didn't, but there is a person online who I have been in contact with for around 25 years (although don't particularly get along with well!) who I know has a server with an NWN campaign.

And yeah totally agree about Morrowind - when I got off the intro boat at Seyda Neen and the game basically said to me you can deliver this package or if you don't want to do that, just do whatever the fuck you like - it was a mind-blowing moment after a long time of chapter-based narrative story style CRPGs

Insert gushing morrowind post here, I'm sure you can imagine how it goes. It was the peak of elder scrolls as a maximalist Do Anything game series before it got streamlined in oblivion and skyrim. Proper weird setting too.

I have not bought BG3. I mustn't. For the sake of my masters course, I must resist.

Morrowind

morrowind

There's a whole modding community devoted to rewriting TES3 so it looks like Skyrim (graphically obvs, not thematically) but still plays like Morrowind - It's been going years now and bits are finished (the areas around Seyda Neen / Balmora last time I checked, maybe Vivec City, and most of the main quest IIRC) but one-day ... oh one day :cool:

I sold my under clothes by mistake, now my dwarf is always naked when we go back to camp.

After 18 hours in I think I'm going to start again as a ranger, I always seem to be using my bow or crossbow.

I sold my under clothes by mistake, now my dwarf is always naked when we go back to camp.

After 18 hours in I think I'm going to start again as a ranger, I always seem to be using my bow or crossbow.
Yeah Gale had to eat his own robes, so now he's just in his pants and a floppy hat. I had to send him back to camp.

I seem to have inadvertently recreated lock, stock and two smoking barrels in my play through so far, because everyone is indeed, fucking dead. I tried so hard to be good :(

I went to the goblin camp, killed the three leaders, then when I came out the only exit all the goblins and this massive troll attacked me, no chance of using sneak or stealth. Managed to kill them all but doesn't really make any of the scouting ahead argument hold.

I went to the goblin camp, killed the three leaders, then when I came out the only exit all the goblins and this massive troll attacked me, no chance of using sneak or stealth. Managed to kill them all but doesn't really make any of the scouting ahead argument hold.
I had to teleport out of that situation, had my back up against the wall, bear dude was dead, my party had no hope dealing with that many archers all at once using me as target practise.

Last edited:

Yeah that one's not ideal, though it is kind of predictable that the people you passed on the way in might be a little peeved at their leaders being offed. It annoyed me because stealth killing two of the leaders doesn't trigger hostile, but the final one does. Though... It's not that much of a stretch in RP terms really. Also I believe there at least two alternative ways out, though one is... quite dangerous. There are also ways you can stack the odds outside.

I'm playing this now and I just did the nightsong bit and, to be fair to it, it did say "this might mean some other quests can't be done". Anyway, now when I look at my quest list there are loads of rescue missions I can no longer complete and I can't go to the Githyanki creche. So I either have to go back to before Nightsong and do those quests and then go back or just plough ahead and accept my choices I made. It's my own fault for not reading the warnings correctly (I thought it locks me out of the shadow realm if I go to the mountain pass but it doesn't). I'm tempted to miss out that whole section and just carry on and replay it with a new character but will I actually do that? It's debatable.

It's a very cool game though. Not going to lie.

Hahaha. The voice actor for Lucretius is Daniel Jacob, better known as Vinegar Strokes from Ru Paul UK series 1.

Thought I recognised them.

Almost finished it, got 2 out of the 3 stones. Not found Minsc yet.

Possibly the best RPG I have ever played. Probably level with Disco Elysium. Act 3 is a bit less polished than the others, and I'm getting towards my usual "I just want to get this done" stage but am also thinking about who my next character will be.

Bought this for my cousins fiancée for Xmas, liked it so much I went and got a copy a couple of days ago.

I'm liking it so far but dont know what I'm doing really so got a strategy guide arriving on Thursday.

Well, I've just lost a few days to this (not back at work until the 8th) and have just finished act 1, and I have to a agree, it is probably the best RPG I've played, figuring out what I'm doing now (although I've just worked out how to swap my party out and realised I haven't found some of the main members that I can recruit from the very beginning of the game). I think a second or third playthrough might be in order.

Oh and it is soo pretty in places.

I’m still bumming around act 3.
I think they deliberately made it impossible to recruit all the main chars at once.
If you pick char C then char F won’t listen to you etc.

These are strong words but I think BG3 may just be the Skyrim of this age.
The balance of gameplay vs story is just about right. I haven’t got cutscene fatigue that some other games give you. Love chars chatting amongst themselves to give them depth without it interrupting you moving about.

I seem to be playing this all wrong, just wondering around and finding random stuff, then I seem to be half way through a quest I know nothing about.

I've put about 60 hours in, got stuck at some fight, went and reloaded a game a few hours back, re-thought my strategy, spells , gear and supplies and have just beaten the fight I was stuck on.

I'm finally starting to think i know what I'm doing.

Last edited:
I started playing it on Proton as it does work if you turn all the timewasting graphics down to minimum which tbh i would do anyway, but I just got bored with it. I didn't want to shag any of these people.

Back
Top Bottom