Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Backfiring Britain Bites Back Facebook group seeks to take thousands to court for 'defammation'

editor

hiraethified
This is quite priceless stuff. After both their polls backfired, they're now threatening to sue people for trolling.

2019-03-28_151716.jpg

SEI_58641393-e1553689571186.jpg

SEI_58641617.jpg

Pro-Brexit group really regrets holding second referendum poll | Metro News

Almost as funny as...

All appeared to go smoothly. Nearly a pageful of respectable-looking names appeared. Then at 9:27 am: "Stuart Bruce; Jonathan McShane; Gordon Brown; Idi Amin; Osama bin Laden; Abu Hamza..."

How do we know the time? Because that's when a message appeared on the bulletin boards at www.urban75.com* - the naughty corner of British politics - "Keepingthefaith.org.uk - Quick! While you can! - I've already added Gordon Brown..." By page four the denizens were holding an impromptu conversation - "Ming the Merciless; Ming the merciless (classic); Milliband rocks; Sir Ian Blair; Lorna, will you marry me?; Yes darling; Karen, I still love you too; You two timing cunt".

At 11:10 - after a further six pages of textual intercourse - the message went out - "It takes HTML!" And indeed the "petition" had been set up so users could enter anything at all into the "name" field. So they did, adding another seven pages of photos, particoloured curses and scrolling marquees. The site stuttered to a halt around 13:30. But for fans of digital graffiti it's all archived at We've not lost faith.

Galaxy of saboteurs trashes 'Save the Blair' petition

So I looked at their Facebook page and it appears someone I'm doing some work for over summer likes it. And sadly I suspect not in an ironic way.

Let's prove how pointless other people's opinions are by only letting people who share our opinion vote in a poll.

I don't think they quite get democracy.

Back
Top Bottom