Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Automatic cat feeders - suggestions, recommendations

I recently got two lifx bulbs. Love having the ability to turn the light on in the living room from the app on my phone at work. dont like leaving my three at home in the dark. Just need to get one more for the bedroom.

2 days? We just leave ours with an extra bowl of food (dry) and he sorts himself out.
this might actually work, he doesn't eat all the food when we put it out.... I reckon he has been so spoiled that he doesn't have any instinct to grab food while it's there, because it always has been there. he is 3 and this will be the first time he's ever been left alone overnight!

this might actually work, he doesn't eat all the food when we put it out.... I reckon he has been so spoiled that he doesn't have any instinct to grab food while it's there, because it always has been there. he is 3 and this will be the first time he's ever been left alone overnight!
Had you just got the one? If so, he'll be fine. If you've got others, or some others nip through your catflap, it's not so good.

Bought that nice simple one a few months ago but cat had figured out how to open it within a day.

This is why I don't have one even though it would be handy for "small regular portions" Radar when both Nate and I are working - he managed to completely destroy a drinking fountain within 24 hours and I steadfastly refuse to let him loose on any more cat-oriented electronic gadgets!

Bump!
Does anyone have any new recommendations?
Needs to be for wet food as the fussy moggy in question won't eat dry.
Boyfriend says there are ones with a refrigerated bottom bit....?
Needs to work for 48 hours.

Bump!
Does anyone have any new recommendations?
Needs to be for wet food as the fussy moggy in question won't eat dry.
Boyfriend says there are ones with a refrigerated bottom bit....?
Needs to work for 48 hours.
The above-mentioned C20 has 48 hr timer and comes with one of those blue freezer packs that will keep wet food ok for that long, in my epxperience.
Unless you live somewhere hot, it'll be fine. Also it's incredibly simple to use and foolproof.

The above-mentioned C20 has 48 hr timer and comes with one of those blue freezer packs that will keep wet food ok for that long, in my epxperience.
Unless you live somewhere hot, it'll be fine. Also it's incredibly simple to use and foolproof.
Agree with this - make sure the ice pack starts off properly frozen for use in a longer time period. I used to use it from partially frozen just to keep food cool when looking after a youngish moggy that had a daytime feed.

That's only got 2 trays though.....this cat eats lots of small meals throughout the day.
Pardon me if I'm missing something really stupid here...I am not and never have been a cat owner!

This one says it's not for wet food....

Really? It certainly is. We have two and use them every time we go away. Our cat has to have small meals so the cat feeding person fills the trays up, one machine with four lots of biscuits, the other with four portions of wet food. There is nothing about it that would make it unsuitable.

Back
Top Bottom