Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Anyone been to Zurich?

scifisam

feck! arse! girls! drink!
I'm considering Zurich in January, mainly because it has reasonably priced flights from London City Airport. I'd be going with my gf and my adult daughter, so we'd need either two hotel rooms or an apartment or something - don't really want to do air b n b. There are serviced apartments for just under £400 for three nights.

Does anyone have any recommendations for things to do there? Is January a terrible time to go? Will it be too expensive to do anything?

We wouldn't really be drinking, but we'd want OK restaurants plus museums and galleries, maybe music or something like that. No hiking or anything athetic.

Been lots. Its great for arts, cafes, people watching etc.
Surprisingly liberal and easy going.
But pricey.

Never been in Jan but imagine it to be cold.

Generally I always have mixed feelings about Switzerland - on the one hand it's very friendly, easy going, liberal, arty....but on the other hand it is very square, conservative, privileged, not welcoming to minorities (ban on minarets etc), and yes, expensive.

A bit like swiss people enjoy privileges because they can afford to do so.

The mountains are plain stunning. Love it there.

Zurich is worth a visit.

I went years ago for work. Pretty but very, very expensive.

(No, I'm not a banker. Was a thing at the technical university.)

Visited my mate there loads of times, can't remember much about the place as he grows the strongest weed imaginable (seriously like nothing else), and I'm totally in some kind of fucking alternate reality within five minutes in his company.

Sorry, not much help. :D

Back
Top Bottom