Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Anyone been to Sziget?

jimbarkanoodle

I'm going to go away this summer for a week in Budapest, despite their dodgy politics which makes me feel uneasy, the city is great value and rather beautiful. The only time I can go away is August as the GF is a teacher, so I'm going to time it at the same time as Sziget.

Now, the lineup is not my cup of tea, but im banking on there being at least 1 or 2 techno tents to keep me busy. Plus, overall its got to be decent enough given its size?

I'm also not confident of finding any drugs and if I do them being any good or not. I've been to Balaton Sound (also run by Sziget) which is pure dance music 24/7 and drugs were scarce even there.

Anyone been who may be able to allay my doubts? I suppose if worse comes to worse, a day or two in the sun by the banks of the Danube at a massive festival sipping £1.50 beers can't be too bad, even if it is Justin Bieber in the background rocking the mainstage....

Budapest is quite liberal and fun and free - you may be surprised. I would totally go It'll be great! Ive heard good things about the festival and its a great time to visit too. Make sure you party at the bath houses. The drugs will find you no doubt ;)

I've never been, but I do have thoughts for post-retirement! :)
(hopefully post-Orban, too :hmm: )

Report back with your Sziget experiences, jimbarkanoodle ! :cool:

Sziget link

This year's dates listed as Wednesday 10th August to Monday (!) 15th August 2022 :)

ETA to quote from above link's FAQ : "Sziget Festival will happen between 10-15 August, 2022. The first day is Wednesday and the last day is Monday (party finishes Tuesday morning)" :D :thumbs: :beer:

Back
Top Bottom