Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Any Warhammer 40k ( tabletop) players on here

I am saddened by the lack of love for Warhammer Fantasy Battles on Urban.

That's cos 40 is better. :D

Used to love this game in my early teens but the idiotically high prices for miniatures fucked me off. I've got a couple mates who still play and the price they pay now for miniatures is literally crazy, no way I could ever go back!

Used to love this game in my early teens but the idiotically high prices for miniatures fucked me off. I've got a couple mates who still play and the price they pay now for miniatures is literally crazy, no way I could ever go back!

40K didn't have Skaven. Nor did it have Mordheim, the best spinoff game bar none.

Nerds.

nelson-haha.jpg

I always found spacehulk more suited to my limited patience and skill, although Necromunda did appeal to my love of dystopian future shitheaps populated by warring factions.

True, its still far better value than buying drugs :D

I did used to play it, but sold all my characters.

ANyone ever play necromunda? That was awesome!

I did used to play it, but sold all my characters.

ANyone ever play necromunda? That was awesome!

you can still download the rules free and get the figures from the citidael miatures catalouge but the game itself is no longer sold or backed by GW. Presumably cos it didn't require kids to buy LOADS of expensive figures and tanks etc

I have something like a 30,000 point Dark Angel army somewhere at my mums place. Probably right at the back of the attic though as I stored it away years ago!

Couldn't be fucked with all that painting.

That was part of the fun. My old man was into proper wargaming, Napoleonics and stuff, so he had a vast array of model paints and brushes etc. I got quite good at it after a while.

I wasn't very good at painting as a kid but really enjoyed the game (which is why my Eldar are shoddy/painted by someone else) but now I'm old(er) I quit enjoy the zen concentration of it and the orks we've got are starting to look ok :) Oh all the models we've bought have been online from various discount shops or from friends of friends chucking bits (including a mostly decently painted 'nid army :cool: )

I wasn't very good at painting as a kid but really enjoyed the game (which is why my Eldar are shoddy/painted by someone else) but now I'm old(er) I quit enjoy the zen concentration of it and the orks we've got are starting to look ok :) Oh all the models we've bought have been online from various discount shops or from friends of friends chucking bits (including a mostly decently painted 'nid army :cool: )

if you want to repaint the models yourself some delicate application of nail varnish remover will remove the acryllic paint.

if you want to repaint the models yourself some delicate application of nail varnish remover will remove the acryllic paint.
Cheers! One of the Tyranids we got is a roughly done Old One Eye which apparently is over-pointed crap so I was hoping to turn it into a tervigon :)

best applied with a medium brush and frequent wiping with tissue. I don't think the solvent is very good for plastic you see- I only ever did it with metal models. Lead ones at that

/feels old

Um... they're doing a 40k MMO. Out next March.

I think?
That would be... Interesting. I don't see how it can be done the same way as other MMOs have worked, there really not being any "good" or "bad" sides. Maybe if the 'Nids are NPCs and all the factions fight them? Because let's face it, 'Nids would kind of suck to play.

I kind of thought the whole point of the 40k universe is that everything is so vast that the individual can achieve almost nothing. The imperium thinks nothing of despatching ten million imperial guardsmen just to serve as cannon fodder. Not rich ground for a MMO.

They've made the usual MMORPG mistake of lumping 'good guys' and 'bad guys' together. The Imperium, Chaos, Eldar and Orks should each be a team unto themselves. With the Eldar alone you could have harlequins, banshees, psykers, warp spiders etc

Back
Top Bottom