Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Any NYC restaurant recommendations?

rubbershoes

not the only raver in the village
I'm taking the family next year and just thinking about the food. Any good places you've been to that are good for families.
Not too expensive

That's a bit like asking for dinner recommendations in London. At a minimum - where are you staying, what kind of food do you like?

Went recently. My favourite for seafood Tacos was Los Maricos in Chelsea Market. Near the High Line.

Menu:
BIENVENIDOS

17201097_10158413967805341_6327418775550553395_n.jpg

There's a great dim sum place in Chinatown. I can't remember what it's called though... the Golden Dragon or something, not that that's any help. :facepalm:

Katz's Diner? Proper jewish deli stuff (think salt beef bagels) and an NYC institution.
Is the knish bakery justdiwn the road still open, I suspect it may have been gentrified by now as it was at Houston and Bowery I think.

• ETA: just checked and it's still open. Yonah Shimmell's. Google it. Really cheap .

Last edited:
Mrs Shoes used to live in NY but it's changed so much since then

And the Man v Food website isn't helpful. I was hoping to take on one of his challenges :oops:

Great fresh fried chicken and accompaniments. Not the cheapest but well worth it imho. Homepage

If you are making a trip over the river to Williamsburg (which I recommend as it only takes 30-40 mins on the subway) then Fette Sau is as good a BBQ place as you will find. Pay by weight. It's *really* good. Food

Yes.
If u like fish of any kind or/and Turkish cuisine (but mostly fish and seafood). visit that one. Been there 3 times within the period 2008-2015, never disappointed
Book in advance tho

2710 Emmons Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11235, ..
Google

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom