Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Annual parade of hate-addled dinosaurs in Glasgow

Is the actual march hatey? I understand the sectarian history and meaning, but do they do any hateful things or have a angry mob following them?

Is the actual march hatey? I understand the sectarian history and meaning, but do they do any hateful things or have an angry mob following them?
Yes, it’s hatey. They sing racist and sectarian hate songs, they are filled with menace towards those on the pavements they consider Catholic, shouting hateful slurs and chanting bigoted slogans, they deliberately pass Catholic Churches and route through predominantly Catholic areas, being louder when passing perceived catholic landmarks, they give prizes to drummers who break their drum skins going past Catholic Churches, their numbers are buoyed by bigots from Northern Ireland.

If it was just a jolly parade for jaunty tunes and silly costumes I wouldn’t give a toss. But it’s a dangerous mob, the more dangerous for the fact that they feel their “culture” is under threat and in decline.

I was really upset and insenced years ago when I was standing at a bus stop on Deansgate in Manchester city centre and a very small orange march went past, maybe a couple dozen people.

I didn't say or do anything, I was too upset, but I felt like shouting at them to take their sectarian bullshit and fuck off the streets of Manchester - bearing in mind that in 1996 Manchester had been hit by the biggest 'peacetime' bomb in Europe since the second world war, and it took at least two decades to rebuild.

Yeah, yeah, I know it was the IRA who carried out the bombing, not the Orange Order, but it's all fucking sectarianism, the other side of the same coin.

It upset me to see that contentious shit on the streets of my city.

Is the actual march hatey? I understand the sectarian history and meaning, but do they do any hateful things or have a angry mob following them?

Well-known never tired mass murderes are out front carrying the banner past the comtmunity, and sometimes the pubs where they firebombed normal folk totally unawares. cowards

it's about hate, we kill your family and we're not sorry- that type of hate.

(Belfast)

Is anyone else now enjoying the mental image of a group of people who can handle themselves in a scrap, joining an orange march in actual dinosaur costumes? :D
I genuinely wish I still knew the right people to arrange that tbh. Their 'culture' is under threat and the irony is half of them can't even spell culture .

I messaged my daughter to be careful later as she and the girls are in Glasgow for a comic con today.

Back
Top Bottom