Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Anne Rice RIP

I've specifically avoided that, I don't want to taint her earlier Vampire novels - I shall probably crack at some point and then wish I hadn't.

One of the things I really loved about the early novels is how they managed to evoke past eras - the sights and smells of New Orleans and Paris especially, and renaissance Italy in whichever one it was that focussed on Marius and Armand.

I also quite enjoyed the novel she wrote about the castrati.
i think its the only Rice I have read. Think I was on holiday with no books.

Loved the first 3 book. Was horrified by the film Interview with the Vampire - set me on a loathing of Tom Cruise forever. Honestly, it was an absolute disaster of casting - except for Kirsten Dunst who was marvellous as Claudia.

The film did have Stephen Rea, as well. Which is always a bonus, despite him not having much to do.

Neil Jordan is capable of better vampire films, but that's probably something for the other thread :)

There is a new TV series in the works, based on Interview With the Vampire. Mark Johnson has an impressive pedigree, so it could be good:

..and it is mostly getting rave reviews, being considered superior to the movie. Has anybody been checking it out ?

Last edited:
looks interesting from the trailer

but why is Louie trying to do a copy Brad Pits voice could he of not tried to sound like he was from new orleans :hmm:

If this becomes another pedantic and endless U75 discourse on the correctness of accents, I'm putting this thread on ignore. :mad:

Reactions: Ax^
Back
Top Bottom