Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Angels

For sure people can just not see ghosts through internal filters. When i saw one in 1984 my mum was with me and she didn't see it. Which annoys me, because she refused to even look, but maybe she wouldn't have seen it if she did look.
I thought that you were referring to interpretations, rather than filters. We see something, we do not know what it is, and some interpret it as a "ghost" and some do not.

No - i mean as in what many Buddhists and Hindus etc believe - also people who practice mediumship.

As an aside, many scientists believe that we have a destiny that cannot be changed as we lack free will - and that would be more of a Final Destination scenario imo.

That is a grotesque misunderstanding of anything that has ever been said about free will and determinism.

Reactions: PTK
Both. Maybe. I don't want to be dogmatic about it - how we interpret the world around us could also be a filter. Anyway - i think both things are in play. We have evolved a model of the world around us which barely, i think, matches what is actually out there, but its a model that enables us to thrive in our environment. I don't think we all quite see the same things so is that due to a filter, or different interpretations, or is it both working at once? I wouldn't want to say anything dogmatic about that. Maybe i shouldn't have used the word "filter."

ETA - but from the reports i've seen about ghost sightings you can have some people seeing a ghost, clearly, and even communicating with it, and their reports match, and then others, also present, just don't see it - which implies a filter, in those particular cases.
Yes, that is interesting. In the case of communicating with a ghost, is it only one person who is doing so, or more than one?

Back
Top Bottom