Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Angels

I’ve had at least one experience with angels I’ll share

One snowy, icy night I was driving home

I was driving just a little too fast for conditions, lost steering control and slid off the road

The car was still moving fast with no braking power due to the ice
There was nothing ahead of me except for one tree which without doubt I was going to hit at high speed

I saw a giant hand through the windshield directly ahead of me. The car stopped , I backed up got back on the road

I believe that was the hand of an Angel that stopped my car

I was driving just a little too fast for conditions, lost steering control and slid off the road

There was nothing ahead of me except for one tree which without doubt I was going to hit at high speed

I saw a giant hand through the windshield directly ahead of me. The car stopped , I backed up got back on the road

Sounds like you hit some unfortunate yet well proportioned fucker.

"Oh hey there, slooow down. You are going to hurt yourself"
Screenshot 2024-10-02 13.27.55.png

I wonder why bcuster starts these discussions on a board where most people are just going to take the piss.

Maybe they think that someone is going to say that they've found his arguments persuasive, and will embrace the true church. More likely, he knows the reception they will receive, which will allow him to bask in his persecution.

I wonder why bcuster starts these discussions on a board where most people are just going to take the piss.

Maybe they think that someone is going to say that they've found his arguments persuasive, and will embrace the true church. More likely, he knows the reception they will receive, which will allow him to bask in his persecution.
Humberto started the BVM thread. I admit I was thankful to him for doing so

I think that Angels are a fascinating subject.

Belief in their existence does not require a belief in God, but it does require a view and recognition of a spiritual (or other dimensional) realm and an acknowledgement that there a real things that can and do exist beyond the capability of our senses to detect them in conventional ways

Last edited:
Death (angel of), Michael and Gabriel. Archangels. The heavy hitters. Mike there is the slayer of satan in his dragon form, we all know AofD from such hits as 'the firstborn of egypt' and 'sodom and gommorah'. Gabriel is the messenger. The host of course who sang while shepherds washed their socks. Thrones, serpahim, etc, no good lore about them as I can recall. Nephilim (not fields of), don't remember their deal except for the obvious one but maybe theres more to be read of them in the apocrypha. As for guardian angels, well thats up there with thanking jesus for a parking space, which I have seen done in sincerity.

Death (angel of), Michael and Gabriel. Archangels. The heavy hitters. Mike there is the slayer of satan in his dragon form, we all know AofD from such hits as 'the firstborn of egypt' and 'sodom and gommorah'. Gabriel is the messenger. The host of course who sang while shepherds washed their socks. Thrones, serpahim, etc, no good lore about them as I can recall. Nephilim (not fields of), don't remember their deal except for the obvious one but maybe theres more to be read of them in the apocrypha. As for guardian angles, well thats up there with thanking jesus for a parking space, which I have seen done in sincerity.
Also, the archangel Raphael, who is featured in the Book of Tobit

There are in 9 choirs of angels in the Catholic theology. Interestingly, archangels rank near the bottom

Also interestingly, at least in the US, more people believe in angels than in God and Satan

“They’re very malleable,” Garrett said of angels. “You can have any one of a number of quite different worldviews in terms of your understanding of how the cosmos is arranged, whether there’s spirit beings, whether there’s life after death, whether there’s a God … and still find a place for angels in that worldview.”

I think Archangel Saint Michael is said to be a leader of God's army in the inevitable triumph of good over evil in the end of days prophecies according to the book of Revelation. He and other archangels are also believed in by other Abrahamic faiths iirc.

You're free to believe whatever spiritual bollocks you like, but if you're going to tell people angels are real you'll need to come up with some actual scientific evidence if you want to be taken seriously.

Also interestingly, at least in the US, more people believe in angels than in God and Satan

“They’re very malleable,” Garrett said of angels. “You can have any one of a number of quite different worldviews in terms of your understanding of how the cosmos is arranged, whether there’s spirit beings, whether there’s life after death, whether there’s a God … and still find a place for angels in that worldview.”

People believe any old lunatic, ridiculous shit in the USA.

Only Two-Thirds Of American Millennials Believe The Earth Is Round

Back
Top Bottom