Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Angel pub on Coldharbour Lane becomes arty community space run by Brick Box

The building is now being advertised for rent as a restaurant/wine bar. Anything's got to be better than Brick Box, really.

el1.jpg

Exactly, whose going to want to run a bar with flats on top and at the back.

Talking of art spaces, anyone been here on Brixton Rd , block336 ?
Not been there - looks like it's only open until tomorrow. Interesting though.

The building is a bit random. I think the upper floors are residential but the large downstairs bit has been used as a church, an exhibition space and for council meetings. Will try to have a look tomorrow as I'd like to see inside.

I noticed a few days ago, by the way, that the building has now been painted Polite Gentrification Grey.
Even by your desperate standards, describing it as 'polite gentrification grey' is laughably off-target - in fact, that's the colour the pub was when it was a working community pub.

All the locals I know are delighted to see the back of that shitty scrawl, but if you liked it so much, perhaps you could invite them in to add their own tags all over your living room walls?

Even by your desperate standards, describing it as 'polite gentrification grey' is laughably off-target - in fact, that's the colour the pub was when it was a working community pub.

you mean the brief period when it was rebranded to appeal to gentrification types, complete with graffiti style lettering, before it finally closed?

the-angel-sw9.jpg

Previous to that it was a kind of orangey brown colour:

the-angel-03.jpg

you mean the brief period when it was rebranded to appeal to gentrification types, complete with graffiti style lettering, before it finally closed?
You really have no idea at all. Did you set foot in the place when it was painted grey?
You really do post up some embarrassingly clueless shite, you know.

You really have no idea at all. Did you set foot in the place when it was painted grey?

Nope. I'm talking about the external appearance, and the market that that colour and style of lettering was intended to appeal to. Who actually used the place is another matter.

Was getting rid of the traditional signage, and rebranding as "bar and restaurant" in response to what the non-gentrified segment of the local community was after?

Nope. I'm talking about the external appearance, and the market that that colour and style of lettering was intended to appeal to. Who actually used the place is another matter.

Was getting rid of the traditional signage, and rebranding as "bar and restaurant" in response to what the non-gentrified segment of the local community was after?
It was fuck all to do with gentrification and if you'd got off your arse and gone in rather than commenting cluelessly from a position of ignorance you would have seen that for yourself. :facepalm:

If you'd got off your arse and actually used the place you would have seen exactly who it was aimed at and who was using the place, but feel free to keep on talking clueless bollocks. It's rather entertaining seeing you dig yourself in deeper and deeper.

If you'd got off your arse and actually used the place you would have seen exactly who it was aimed at and who was using the place, but feel free to keep on talking clueless bollocks. It's rather entertaining seeing you dig yourself in deeper and deeper.
As usual, refusing to answer the actual question asked, then.

I take it that as you never went into the place while it was run by Brick Box, all your opinions on this thread about its appearance and what went on inside have been "clueless bollocks".

Back
Top Bottom