Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Amy @ 40

dessiato

🇪🇸 my spirit is crying for leaving
She'd have been 40 this year. I wonder how her music and style might have developed.

I still love her music and am enchanted by her. I had the pleasure of meeting her, briefly, and immediately fell in love with her.

Watching her on the BBC 1 sessions, iplayer.

Hope she's found the peace that seemed to be missing in her life.

Does she really merit a mononym? Even the likes of Presley and Ciccone only achieved mononymity with unusual first names.

Never too keen on that sort of music, although I feel neighbourly towards Winehouse. I can see the house where she grew up from my window.

Does she really merit a mononym? Even the likes of Presley and Ciccone only achieved mononymity with unusual first names.

Never too keen on that sort of music, although I feel neighbourly towards Winehouse. I can see the house where she grew up from my window.

Did you know who the OP meant? Yes? Then she merits the mononym.

Madonna, on the other hand, should have hers revoked.

Given that the only name I've used is in the thread title, yes, she merits it. People know who she was.

I didn't immediately think Winehouse.
Not very familiar with her stuff other than the hits, but hadn't she sort of shot her bolt a good few years before she passed?

Back To Black was the one that got the most acclaim but I always preferred Frank of the two albums she did.

It was sad to see such a talent go to waste. Her stage shows looked shambolic towards the end, a lot like Whitney Houston who died not long after.

I never got her act then, and I still don't know what was supposed to be so amazing about the music she made. Her career was over before she died.

Her end is still tragic, and very sad, and I was upset when the news broke.

It is possible she may have got it all back on track, but her music and talent was alway paper thin. I think she knew that too.

We stumbled upon a program last night when she visited Dingle - ‘Amy Winehouse - the day she came to Dingle’ - it was an acoustic performance in a small church, and was rather good.

Back To Black was the one that got the most acclaim but I always preferred Frank of the two albums she did.

It was sad to see such a talent go to waste. Her stage shows looked shambolic towards the end, a lot like Whitney Houston who died not long after.
Ditto, Frank was brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom