Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

All Out! The current strike wave- ACG Public Meeting

charlie mowbray

The Enforcer
Meeting convened by London Anarchist Communist Group
Now that capitalism is forced to increase its attacks on the working class in order to preserve its profits, the working class is driven into struggle by necessity, necessity to preserve the old social welfare benefits that had been won through struggle in the first place, and to fight against the cost of living crisis. This can be seen in the mass wave of strikes that has taken place in France to defend pensions, a struggle that is continuing. It can be seen in the unprecedented wave of strikes in the UK, involving different sectors

The tempo of the class struggle is speeding up. However, all of these struggles are defensive, in response to the vicious attacks of the boss class. Whilst these strikes are leading to a re-emerging class consciousness, to the awareness that workers belong to a class and that solidarity and direct action are necessary, we are far from a situation where our class is confident enough to develop its own base organisations and to proceed to profound social change.

That is why it is important now to push the idea of grassroots organisations against the machinations of the union bureaucrats, who are hindering and obstructing strike action both here in the UK and abroad.

The ACG, Angry Workers, Plan C, and Communist Workers Organisation will discuss recent and forthcoming strikes in the UK and elsewhere. Plenty of time for q. and a. and discussion.
Tuesday, May 23rd. 7pm at May Day Rooms 88 Fleet Street London EC4Y 1DH. Nearest tube Blackfriars.
Tickets (free) from:

Fine. Good discussion and general agreement. General wish to continue with such round table discussions. Fly in ointment International Communist Current (ICC) people turned up before start of meeting and tried to gatecrash even though they had been told they were not welcome several months ago. Eventually left reluctantly. Stressful. Not needed. Unfortunately discussion not recorded.

Fine. Good discussion and general agreement. General wish to continue with such round table discussions. Fly in ointment International Communist Current (ICC) people turned up before start of meeting and tried to gatecrash even though they had been told they were not welcome several months ago. Eventually left reluctantly. Stressful. Not needed. Unfortunately discussion not recorded.
Why have you fallen out with International Communist Current; thought they were pretty reasonable people to get on with (unless they've changed dramatically)?

Why have you fallen out with International Communist Current; thought they were pretty reasonable people to get on with (unless they've changed dramatically)?
Jehovah’s Marxists? I once chaired a meeting they invaded and tag-team filibustered with droning and arcane speeches about decomposition and degeneration.

i was a hanger-on of the ICC when they had a presence here in NYC. attended all the public meetings, really enjoyed the discussions and the people, was pitched to get more involved at one point, though i could never have joined officially and didn't ask to. they were dedicated to class politics, a rarity on these shores. i know that the situation in the UK is very different, but here it was the IP who squatted on the ICC meetings, which the ICC handled very well in fact. i'm not contradicting anybody but i've been hearing these stories for a couple of decades by now and it's sad.

They went right downhill after they split from International Communist Voltage.

ohm y.

Go big or go home:

Over 11,000 L.A. workers plan to strike, hoping to ‘shut down’ city

good news and ------->

"So, the ICC gave its full support when the Bordigist International Communist Party came under attack after it had published the booklet Auschwitz or the Grand Alibi. In 2015 it published a statement of solidarity with the ICT when the militants of this organisation were targeted by former members of the ICT’s section in Italy."

The concern of what would happen with this kept me awake at night, as I'm sure it did us all.

Do they not realise that the reason they tend to get disinvited is because they always behave like disruptive arseholes.
I think you'll find they have a policy of following meeting rules to the letter, so that cannot possibly be the case.

The bit I enjoyed the most was probably their clear upset at being accused of talking too much, expressed in a 1,500-word footnoted essay which could have just said "we're annoyed because you invited people we don't like and told us to fuck off. Also shame on you CWO, we thought you guys were cool."

Back
Top Bottom