Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

AirBnB. Amsterdam. Keep getting rejected/ignored

Fez909

toilet expert
I've got flights booked in September to Amsterdam. There's not many apartments left on AirBnB.

I find the perfect one, planned to book it the next day, but it had already gone.

Had a backup. Immediately tried to book it in case that also went. Got a rejection. Apparently some problem with the landlord. Fair enough.

Saw another, more expensive, further from the centre (all that's left). Submitted a booking request. No reply. Booking expired.

Saw another, even more expensive, even further away (getting desperate now). Again, ignored and expired.

I've never had this before. Is this an Amsterdam thing? Am I doing something wrong?

Authorities are cracking down on airbnb in the dam and landlords are being thumped for minor transgressions e.g. Taking the piss over the amount of nights they can lease out each year. May not be an ideal time to airbnb it

Authorities are cracking down on airbnb in the dam and landlords are being thumped for minor transgressions e.g. Taking the piss over the amount of nights they can lease out each year. May not be an ideal time to airbnb it
That might explain being rejected, but doesn't explain being ignored. Doesnt that count against the hosts, too? If they fail to reply I think they get shown less prominently on the map

That might explain being rejected, but doesn't explain being ignored. Doesnt that count against the hosts, too? If they fail to reply I think they get shown less prominently on the map
This is true, but there are lot of half hearted 'hosts' out there who like the idea of earning extra money but that when a potential booking comes in, they decide they can't be bothered. So the safer listings are the ones with lots of recent reviews.

I can pm you my listing if you like, you can send me an enquiry and I'll tell you if there's anything dodgy about your profile.

This is true, but there are lot of half hearted 'hosts' out there who like the idea of earning extra money but that when a potential booking comes in, they decide they can't be bothered. So the safer listings are the ones with lots of recent reviews.

I can pm you my listing if you like, you can send me an enquiry and I'll tell you if there's anything dodgy about your profile.
Yes please!

Phew, got somewhere. It's even further out again, and even more money :(:(

But it looks like an amazing place.

Can stop panicking now :facepalm:

Thanks for the help guys

Back
Top Bottom