Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Actions against the policing bill

There was a protest in Luton today.

Big bloke with a shaved head on megaphone addressing a small crowd. Some bloke walking past shouted 'fuck off hippy' :facepalm: :D

Big bloke with a shaved head on megaphone addressing a small crowd. Some bloke walking past shouted 'fuck off hippy' :facepalm: :D
The same bloke twice or different people?

Some kid was shouting at a Cardiff march a few weeks ago that we were all "brainwashed"

Bloke on the chickpea curry detail today must have been six eight at least. (That is also the Lord's work IMO - proper food is important, nothing but respect for my chickpea comrades. Lots of good protein and vitamins.)

L2955796 (1).jpeg

One thing I did notice was that coppers always seem to be paired with other coppers of the same height. I'm proposing that this is something deliberate.

Bloke on the chickpea curry detail today must have been six eight at least. (That is also the Lord's work IMO - proper food is important, nothing but respect for my chickpea comrades. Lots of good protein and vitamins.)

View attachment 265904

One thing I did notice was that coppers always seem to be paired with other coppers of the same height. I'm proposing that this is something deliberate.
No no no

You'll often see, and I've noticed this over some years now, a short cop paired with a much taller colleague.

No no no

You'll often see, and I've noticed this over some years now, a short cop paired with a much taller colleague.
Well today they were very evenly matched. I made a point of checking, after noting two very tall constables next to each other and thinking that would have been statistically unlikely. Perhaps guidance has changed.

I shall make a point of taking appropriate photos in future to investigate this issue.

After all that discussion of what ACORN might be doing and why, it seems like they're now just doing an "online action" take a selfie type thing:

Other than that it seems like this Saturday will be a pretty quiet one, been checking the Collective Action account but there's nothing for this weekend up yet.

Seems like ACORN did do some physical in-person protests this weekend after all, they just didn't really do anything to publicise them in advance?

e.g.

🤷‍♂️

Was members only! Doesn't look like they're looking to get much engagement other than the videos/photos of the demos being used as call to actions for people to contact a local MP/mayor and sign up as a member.

A bit vacant I say, the KTB Coalition could really do with Acorn's support.

Thinking about it, I wonder whether Louise Raw and the other internet super-sleuths who were basically calling for him to be arrested will now a) publicly apologise for peddling conspiracy theories that have now been shown up to be utter bollocks, b) celebrate the fact that they got what they were asking for, or c) stay very quiet about the whole thing? Hmmm.

The list so far...

Saturday 29th May
ABERYSTWYTH: 1pm, Clock Tower
BARNSTAPLE: 1pm, Barnstaple Square
BATH & NORTH EAST SOMMERSET: 2pm, Bath Abbey
BIRMINGHAM: 11:30am, Cannon Hill Park
BRIGHTON: 5pm, The Level
BRISTOL: May, 4pm, College Green
CAMBRIDGE: 1pm, Parker’s Piece
CARDIFF: 2pm, Bute Park Stone Circle
CHELTENHAM: 2pm, Pittville Park
CHICHESTER: 10am, Chichester District Council Car Park
CORNWALL: 2pm, top of Causeway Head, Penzance
COVENTRY: 1pm, Broadgate
EXETER: 1pm, Bedford Square
IPSWICH: 11am, Christchurch Mansion
LANCASTER: 12pm Morecambe Stone Jetty, 3pm Scale Hall, 6pm Dalton Square
LEICESTER: 1pm, top of Gallowtree Gate
LIVERPOOL: 2pm Derby Square
LONDON: 12pm, Russell Square
LOWESTOFT: 12pm, Britten Centre
MANCHESTER: Kill The Bill is CANCELLED. Now supporting Palestine, 12pm, BBC Studios, Media City
NEWCASTELE: 1pm, Grey’s Monument
NORTHAMPTON: 1pm, Market Square
NORWICH: 2pm, City Hall
PLYMOUTH: 1pm, Charles Cross Police Station
READING: 1pm, Forbury Gardens
SHEFFIELD: 1pm, Endcliffe Park / Hillsborough Park / Norfolk Park
SHREWSBURY: 1pm, Bandstand, Quarry
STIRLING: 3:30pm, King’s Park
YORK: 1pm, York Minster

And on Sunday 30th May
GUILDFORD: 1pm, High Street (opp. Holy Trinity Church)

It was the wife's turn this time I went to the park and fed the ducks. Poorly attended. The police were going up to random members of the public apologising for the disturbance in advance. Hopefully the attendance was due to the poor advertising.

It was the wife's turn this time I went to the park and fed the ducks. Poorly attended. The police were going up to random members of the public apologising for the disturbance in advance. Hopefully the attendance was due to the poor advertising.
Not a lot of people, no. The anti mask march however was frickin enormous, which is a bit depressing. Currently going around Shepherd's Bush.

I mean I guess it's easier to protest about imaginary stuff.

Not a lot of people, no. The anti mask march however was frickin enormous, which is a bit depressing. Currently going around Shepherd's Bush.

I mean I guess it's easier to protest about imaginary stuff.
Is there an anti lockdown movement thread?

It's a bit frustrating to me that it's always on Saturdays in London, I work on Saturdays and it's difficult for me to constantly get days off, I imagine this is true for quite a few, especially younger people. Also I think the combination of the bank holiday combined with the lifting of restrictions meant a lot of people took the opportunity to visit family and friends they haven't been able to see for a really long time.
I also think that the anti mask protest might have put people off going, you definitely don't want any association.

Back
Top Bottom