Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

ACDC good or crap?

Have ACDC always been so big that they could play a couple of nights at Wembley stadium?

eta: just read that Back In Black sold 50 million copies!! (fourth best-selling album of all time in the US) That's amazing. I had no idea they were so successful! I thought they were English too
If you don't know much about them, you could do worse than listening to a Brian Johnson interview. Eloquent, funny geordie who still comes over as a decent wc bloke who just happens to have worked really fucking hard at a job that's made him phenomenally successful. Great storyteller too.

He talks about joining the band from about 6:25

I saw some of the cars that rock programmes and the life on the roads ones as well. He Strikes me as being the sort of bloke you could sit down and have a beer with.

I think you could with all of them. You probably wouldn't get that with say, Aerosmith or Ozzy or other bands that are that age.

ACDC seem like sound lads.

I enjoyed myself mostly, but think unless they do another festival gig, I won't be going again, it verged on the painful at times :(.....I was looking forward to seeing Phil and Cliff with them being on the album, but alas it wasn't to be.

I shall prefer to remember Angus running around and writhing on the floor with dirty knees and his tie jiggling under his bottom :D and Brian swinging from Hell's Bell like a Geordie Quasimodo....that is MY ACDC :)

😪 But are you supporting a statue of Angus?
I didn’t know one was planned. That article looks like one about the Kelpies… is Andy Scott doing the statue? I love the Kelpies, but I’m ambivalent at best about some of his others. The Angel of the Nauld looks like a trinket from a lucky bag.

Andy Scott is hard at work on several things at the mo. I only saw the Kelpies early this year. Not the best of setting by that busy road and the shops/cafes are rip offs. That aside, the Kelpies are awesome.

Back
Top Bottom