Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Accelerationism

Am from the wirral. north of london. a commoner. not an educated man in the sense of the word. words. big fucking words dont register with people like me. besides. they are only falling on deaf ears anyway. but i get it...you have to use diplomacy with em. and violence don't cut the mustard. so al make a deal with ya...you ever need someone to give someone else a fucking hard slap. then call me. day and night. apart from that. I can't help with them big words. but what you are doing is right. these cunts just want money and power and fuck the world. they step on anyone to get to that dough. what a bunch of shitbags hey. tweedy ass mother fluffers. driving around in their big ass cars and making the billion pound deals over the phone. driving past starving homeless people and not even given em a quid to get a warm meal. greedy heartless and evil to say the least. lets hope they all die soon enough so we can rebuild this damaged world. shape it how it should have been.

This (whats going on in America this past week) seems a good time to try to learn what accelerationism is. Found this article a good intro and overview of the history of this vague collection of ideas on the white supremacist side of things. What I don't get is the stage between 'make more havoc incresae divisions & destroy the existing order' and 'establish 4th reich live happily ever after'.

This (whats going on in America this past week) seems a good time to try to learn what accelerationism is. Found this article a good intro and overview of the history of this vague collection of ideas on the white supremacist side of things. What I don't get is the stage between 'make more havoc incresae divisions & destroy the existing order' and 'establish 4th reich live happily ever after'.
I think I read through that, or at least some of it.

While I'm sure there are adherents to strains of accelerationism that have fascist/cryptofascist agendas, this article seems to condemn the discourse, wholesale.

Say what you want about the inaccessibility of accelerationist discourse, but there does seem to be a diversity of agendas that draw from it, ones that identify as left wing and ones that identify as right. Gender accelerationism, xenofeminism, etc. Stuff that is, ostensibly, far from fascist.

I mean, while I would certainly oppose flagging the whole thing as fascist as that article seems to do, the theory doesn't seem to have really caught on anywhere - but I could totally be mistaken. Maybe, as a thought experiment, it spawned some offshoot movements that might actually gain some traction.

In the world of pure ideas, much of the discourse can be fascinating. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, almost all of the appeal is academic/intellectual. And I would still defend it at that, seeing as our situation is complex beyond belief tough to theorize around.

But I would totally recommend that people look into it, if for no other reason than to glimpse how far down the rabbit hole you can go when trying to understand something like capitalism.

Am from the wirral. north of london. a commoner. not an educated man in the sense of the word. words. big fucking words dont register with people like me. besides. they are only falling on deaf ears anyway. but i get it...you have to use diplomacy with em. and violence don't cut the mustard. so al make a deal with ya...you ever need someone to give someone else a fucking hard slap. then call me. day and night. apart from that. I can't help with them big words. but what you are doing is right. these cunts just want money and power and fuck the world. they step on anyone to get to that dough. what a bunch of shitbags hey. tweedy ass mother fluffers. driving around in their big ass cars and making the billion pound deals over the phone. driving past starving homeless people and not even given em a quid to get a warm meal. greedy heartless and evil to say the least. lets hope they all die soon enough so we can rebuild this damaged world. shape it how it should have been.

I think it just means using tools that have been made and used by the system ... against the system. Like taking a factory that manufactures bombs and turning it into a worker controlled factory that makes windmills or whatever ... like Mike Cooley did in 76 with British Aerospace :
Lucas Plan (1976)
In 1976, the militant workforce within Lucas Aerospace were facing significant layoffs. Under the leadership of Mike Cooley, they developed the Lucas Plan[3] to convert the company from arms to the manufacture of socially useful products, and save jobs. The plan was described at the time by the Financial Times as "one of the most radical alternative plans ever drawn up by workers for their company", and by Tony Benn as "one of the most remarkable exercises that have ever occurred in British industrial history".[4]:1 The Plan took a year to put together, consisted of six volumes of around 200 pages each, and included designs for 150 proposed items for manufacture, market analysis and proposals for employee training and restructuring the firm's work organisation.[4]:5

Incidently his book Architect or Bee(spokesmanbooks.com) is worth a read as it explores progressive collective uses for technology and reviews the Lucas Plan in depth.

Back
Top Bottom