Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

A simple equation to create equality in a capitalist democracy

What specifically do you want an example of and why should I bother posting it on this thread?
This:

No more so than a lot of stuff I see people on the far left going on about all the time.

because you have defended the integrity of this model on the basis that it is of the same type as far-left stuff you see. So it's a) relevant to your defence and b) you brought it up.

And what does this mean?
It means, as i have already said, that you should specifically offer an example of this and that you should bother posting it on this thread because you have defended the integrity of this model on the basis that it is of the same type as far-left stuff you see everywhere.

Yeah, it is the sulky afternoon nap time isn't it?

Anyway, I was interested in discussing this:
Your vote multiplier = the richest person in your country's personal wealth / your own personal wealth.

Do you think a system based on the above equation would tend towards equality?
I am not interested in getting side-tracked into posting/quoting stuff that is 'equally speculative' or 'equally theoretical' from the far left.

I think that it exists, you don't.

I think that if a vote system like the one described existed then it would tend towards equality.

I don't agree with or support a voting system like this one. I don't think it is at all likely to ever happen. I accept that it might not even fall within someone people's definition of either "democracy" or "capitalism".

I am not interested in being sidetracked into a pathetic argument about ... I don't even know what it's meant to be about now, so I'll leave it at that and if you want to call it a sulk then go right ahead.

That's a pretty fucking pathetic response to a situation you created. One that i'm not sure is going to want to make people join in your D&Ds.

...you have defended the integrity of this model on the basis that it is of the same type as far-left stuff you see everywhere...
"defended the integrity" - not really.

The comparison with some far left stuff was to do with a situation happening following a military coup or revolution - what was then labelled as tabla rasa or fantasy.

Sure the OP is speculative. Sure the idea of a military coup is also speculative. It doesn't really matter either way. We can still discuss what the outcome of a certain voting system is - for example you could set up a voting system in a small voluntary group of people and see how they behaved. I think it would tend towards equality. We can also discuss the theoretical situation that somehow this system was established and enforced and what the outcome of the voting would be.

I understand that people are objecting that it could never happen in the real world 'because capitalism' (<<-- note inverted commas not quotations marks), and if they don't want to discuss this because it is "silly" (<<--note quotation marks) then fine, they can stop discussing it.

The comparison with some far left stuff was to do with a situation happening following a military coup or revolution - what was then labelled as tabla rasa or fantasy.

Sure the OP is speculative. Sure the idea of a military coup is also speculative. It doesn't really matter either way. We can still discuss what the outcome of a certain voting system is - for example you could set up a voting system in a small voluntary group of people and see how they behaved. I think it would tend towards equality. We can also discuss the theoretical situation that somehow this system was established and enforced and what the outcome of the voting would be.

I understand that people are objecting that it could never happen in the real world 'because capitalism' (<<-- note inverted commas not quotations marks), and if they don't want to discuss this because it is "silly" (<<--note quotation marks) then fine, they can stop discussing it.
Forget the OP - i'm talking about your own posts. You didn't mention revolution either did you - you only mentioned a military coup. And, if you didn't want to talk about it then wtf bring it up?

Sorry you've lost me there.

Got anything relevant to the thread topic to say? Or are you just looking for a fight? Sorry not interested.
Said plenty relevant, all through the day (a lot of which you ignored). Your little sulk and posts in the last hour make it clear that it's prob not worth doing so anymore.

Last edited:
(a lot of you ignored).
A lot of us ignored you? Why would we do that?
Your little sulk and posts in the last hour make it clear that it's prob not worth doing so anymore.
You mean trying to post on-topic rather than being drawn into posting personal abuse in an attempt to start a fight?

No it's not worth you posting any more if you can't keep on topic. Bye.

You mean trying to post on-topic rather than being drawn into posting personal abuse in an attempt to start a fight?

Ungraceful retreat from appalling behaviour.

The point is that the far left stuff isn't based on a tabula rasa - the starting point for Marx etc are existing social conditions. That's not the case here. This isn't a matter of opinion. It's demonstrable fact.

The point is that the far left stuff isn't based on a tabula rasa - the starting point for Marx etc are existing social conditions. That's not the case here. This isn't a matter of opinion. It's demonstrable fact.
Indeed the whole point was the new world in the shell of the old - identifying real concrete dynamics with potential for the future. Even the most rejected theories (super-imperialism, taking over the state due to the concentration and centralisation of capital etc) were based on identifiable and demonstrable real life phenomena.

So questioning whether a proposed system can ever actually exist is going off topic? You've done nothing to persuade me that this is any more viable a system than the personal wizard system.

If you can't answer questions put to you just admit it. Stop the dishonest squirming and if you disagree with my explanation of why this can't work under capitalism it might be better if you explain why rather than mischaracterising what I said as 'cos capitalism'.

Back
Top Bottom