Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

6music essential albums: Music for the Jilted Generation

Gave it a listen... I'm surprised how uncommercial it is, barely a vocal hook and much more rock n acidtechno influenced than I expected.

Gave it a listen... I'm surprised how uncommercial it is, barely a vocal hook and much more rock n acidtechno influenced than I expected.
Their first two albums are a lot better than Fat of the Land, and I suspect the subsequent albums. Using loads of fucked up samples worked better.

By coincidence I gave Experience a spin today, and damn it's good.

Experience is very 92, definitely in the same ballpark as 92 rave scene proper, but Jilted to me seems is really going it's own path, away from the scene trends in it's own direction, next stop rock rave stadiums

Experience is very 92, definitely in the same ballpark as 92 rave scene proper, but Jilted to me seems is really going it's own path, away from the scene trends in it's own direction, next stop rock rave stadiums
Yeah, i loved Experience, and was quite disappointed by Jilted at the time. I was expecting more of the same, and Jilted has a harsher vibe. In retrospect there are a few really good tracks though.

Back
Top Bottom