Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

“Interesting” underseen films - recommendations

WhyLikeThis

Something, something, something
A thread to recommend films most people haven’t seen. The odder the better.

La bete AKA The Beast (1975)

Auntie Mame. A stylish 1958 comedy and social class satire of a similar feel to High Society. Mentioned to me back in the early 2000s by a friend who saw it once whilst in America and really wanting to watch it again, it took me ages to locate a DVD in those early internet days before Amazon and streaming services. Even to this day, I think I have only seen it on UK TV just the once.

Not outstanding or worth paying for, but still a very watchable 7/10 camp comedy weekend film.

Themroc and Julie & Celine Go Boating would probably be up there, but I reckon maybe the most "underseen" film I've ever seen is the 90s Canadian necrophilia film Kissed. Think I've only ever encountered one other person who seems to have seen that one.

I’ve seen The Beast. It’s pretty odd.

Computer Chess looks great!

Zero Patience. A Canadian musical about AIDS, with a budget of roughly a fiver. It features the alleged first AIDS victim (after his death) and Richard Burton (the explorer, not the actor, who is alive in the 1990s for reasons too complicated to mention).

Last edited:
I have a DVD of this knocking around somewhere. Definitely underseen and er... "interesting"

I've tried watching Primer a fair few times and I've hoped with each viewing I'd get it, but it never happens. :(

I'd recommend Coherence, a seriously low budget but excellent mind bender. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom