Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

zoom breakout rooms

Guineveretoo

Mostly bewildered
I am currently using the free zoom for the Woodcraft Folk but am thinking about subscribing so that we don't get dumped after 40 minutes.

Before I do, though, I want to know whether the breakout room facility is available in the normal, small teams, subscription, or if I have to pay more for it.

Does anyone know?

The internet appears to suggest that it is available, but I am not sure....

Apparently they're in the free one.

You'd think the one upside of everyone doing everything online would be a temporary moratorium on insufferable nuggets of corporate bullshit like 'breakout room' but no, they've found a way to keep it rolling. I assume there's also a virtual water cooler where you can touch base with people, and and app for distributing photocopies of your arse around the worktual virtplace?

A friend who subscribed to zoom says that she doesn’t have the sidemeetings rooms.

But you think they’re available in the free version?

Apparently they're in the free one.

What in that link causes you to think they are available in the free version?

You'd think the one upside of everyone doing everything online would be a temporary moratorium on insufferable nuggets of corporate bullshit like 'breakout room' but no, they've found a way to keep it rolling. I assume there's also a virtual water cooler where you can touch base with people, and and app for distributing photocopies of your arse around the worktual virtplace?

What a strange thing to pick up on. It is (or was until this virus) largely a business app used for virtual corporate meetings. You breakout from the main presentations at a seminar or something to listen to things more aligned to your particular area of expertise. I really don't see it in the same league as other corporate bollocks like 'low hanging fruit'.

Back
Top Bottom