Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your revolutionary tech predictions for 2015?

Remember those self-heating cans of coffee? They were great if you like your coffee served at room temperature and tasting like shit.
Did they not have similar with baked beans, soup etc, you activated a chemical reaction by pulling a strip something like that?

Thorium Reactor move into production in China and India..panic in conventional nuclear industry using plutonium . Big EU fight on stance due to France position cartel using Plutonium. Greens in a quandary as LFTR are very Green and better than other sources.
Fusion is announced as another 50 years away...as ITER is strangely delayed again for another 20 years.
IPV6 finally starts to take off in a meaningful way... thats all folks :)

The Japanese trot out yet another terrifying robot. Fully weaponised with scolding hot tea.

bbc-able-mabel-robot-Tomorrows-World-1966.jpg

the renewable energy revolution will continue to ramp up the pace dramatically at ever declining prices
Aye, given the news from the US and Oz and China it looks like we will see a breakthrough in price parity, the installation of PV seems to be increasing even though subsidies are being whittled down.
And China seems to be the place where EVs will overtake The ICE.

Oculus will finally get round to releasing their consumer VR headset.
I will get one.
I will lose my job, my family and my self respect.
NO REGRETS

With half-decent haptics 'better than life' is basically here.

Riots and general fisticuffs as all the new EV owners find there aren't enough charging points at the motorway services :D

sales of wristwatches will exceed sales of portable telephones for the first time since 1994

Did it catch on?
I am not sure*, but it seems to be a persistent idea. Here's a BBC article from 1999 http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/276870.stm

This has got to be the coolest gadget yet for the kitchen: a fridge freezer that is hooked up to the Internet.
Screenfridge, as it is called, allows you to send and receive e-mail, watch television, pay bills and handle personal banking. You can also keep food in it.

_276870_internetfridge300.jpg

* I am actually quite sure.

* I am actually quite sure.
:D. Me, too.

I think its persistence is to do with the way things you wouldn't normally put together get bundled together in technology. And the n people get used to and expect the pairings.

I'm actually like Count Arthur Strong on this one. Why would you put a hifi on your phone?

Last edited:
the renewable energy revolution will continue to ramp up the pace dramatically at ever declining prices
The next obstacle will be removing those politicians and focus groups in the pay of 'auld energy'

And replacing them with those in the pockets of the renewable lobby, upwards and outwards:D

The next obstacle will be removing those politicians and focus groups in the pay of 'auld energy'

And replacing them with those in the pockets of the renewable lobby, upwards and outwards:D
Wind and solar reaching parity with FF within the year? Hoped for but didn't really expect it, OK just in some developed areas. But exciting in its own way.

Back
Top Bottom