Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Wristwatches, watches and watch-like gadgets

A Swiss one I was given as a christmas present. I haven't worn it for 15 years mainly due to my mobile.

Mondaine-Swiss-Watch-300x300.jpg

I have a fancy one I got for my 21st birthday. I have worn it about 10 times.
I am not sure how many people wear watches. I am going to secretly look at peoples wrists tonight, and will report back on how many watch wearers there are.

I have 2 - one is a Timex Ironman and it cost about £80 and it's great but the strap is too long

I've also got a Luminox which was about £150 which is really great BUT the strap keeps breaking - so far I'm on strap 2 which I've noticed is starting to go the same way as the original one

I have 2 - one is a Timex Ironman and it cost about £80 and it's great but the strap is too long

I've also got a Luminox which was about £150 which is really great BUT the strap keeps breaking - so far I'm on strap 2 which I've noticed is starting to go the same way as the original one
Perhaps next time you could try a different strap.
I used to have thick wrists and had to have a longer strap but now it seems I have lost weight because I am now 4 holes down on the maximum.

I've got a Timex Ironman that cost me about $12 and it's fine. My other watch is Swiss and expensive, a new Omega to replace my granddad's old Omega that was burgled from my old flat.

Old fashioned standard Casio digital watch.
Exactly the same as I had in school, when I last had a watch
£20

I break watches with some aplomb, so it works out cheaper for me to buy a decent one to start off with. I get miffed off having to send off watches to be resealed when the battery needs changing so have a Citizen eco-drive one.

Perhaps next time you could try a different strap.
I used to have thick wrists and had to have a longer strap but now it seems I have lost weight because I am now 4 holes down on the maximum.

The problem is the watch and strap are made of the same or similar material and would probably look crap with another style strap - it is bloody annoying though

I avoid metal straps as they tend to pinch the hairs on your wrists. Leather straps end up stinking.
Plastic probably best!

I have two, one is a Timex boys watch ( I have very slim wrists) £10 from Argos .
The other was from Mugi with a thin leather strap that goes round twice and was about £25.

I avoid metal straps as they tend to pinch the hairs on your wrists. Leather straps end up stinking.
Plastic probably best!
I agree, my watch came with a metal strap that I didn't really get on with then I tried a leather one but what is the point in having a waterproof watch with a leather strap so now I have a plastic / rubber strap which is the best.

Mine's a 1953 Omega 30mm, a bit like the one in the picture, except that the outer band on the face is black (and it's in cleaner condition). An amazing watch; not only beautiful, but also the most precise wristwatch calibre ever tested at Neuchâtel, Geneva and Kew Teddington. After 60 years, my wind up watch keeps time like no other. To my mind, it pisses all over most of the modern Omegas (and a lot of other high-end brands), which just look crass. (Not sure how much it cost, because it was a present.)

IMG_0084.jpg

I have three, one is a stainless steel digital Casio Baby G that I've had for donkey's years, can't remember how much I paid for it. £80 or so. Another is a Fossil, think that was about £80 as well. And a Seiko one which I don't wear as it is too small/dainty. I like big chunky watches.

I lost my watch (£15 with a glow in the dark face) on Tuesday at a Stiff Little Fingers gig, crashing about down the front with a load of other blokes old enough to know better. Haven't got round to replacing it yet and it's very annoying not to have it; i keep glancing at my wrist pointlessly.

I lost my watch (£15 with a glow in the dark face) on Tuesday at a Stiff Little Fingers gig, crashing about down the front with a load of other blokes old enough to know better. Haven't got round to replacing it yet and it's very annoying not to have it; i keep glancing at my wrist pointlessly.

Stiff Little Fingers are still gigging? :)

got one of these
3775280838_79e082baea_o.jpg

but with a stripey nato strap.

not that I worn it for about 5 years properly - its for travel n stuff. theres also a '70s Doxa sharkhunter lying around somewhere . maybe a '60s Girrard perregeaux deep diver as well, that needs rebuilt after it leaked a long time ago

what with fones an computers everywhere, I never need to use a watch these days.

I like not knowing what the time is. The other day someone asked me the time on the street and I was like "uh...(figures out when I last knew the time, looks for sun, assesses traffic volumes) it's probably between 3 and 4:30, I guess?"

I have four or five watches. The most expensive was £150 in a half price sale, bargain! The others very between £40, and £80. The most expensive one I ever bought was £600 as a special gift.

Back
Top Bottom