Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Would it be morally acceptable to eat an alien?

Actually, I probably wouldn't be the first to eat an alien. What if they were poisonous? I'd feed them to my dog first :)

(Sorry.)

Well they would be if they were visitors to this planet, but i'm talking about us farming or hunting them on their own planets

So are you talking about something like a cow that happened to have evolved on another planet and had suitable chirality, biochemistry etc. and was basically as dumb as our cows? I don't see why that would be more problematic than eating Earth cows.

No.

(though because we can't know what any sentient, self-conscious aliens would be like it might turn out to be more difficult than a simple 'No' in practice)
Are you a vegetarian then? I don't see how you can be a meateater and not discriminate

So are you talking about something like a cow that happened to have evolved on another planet and had suitable chirality, biochemistry etc. and was basically as dumb as our cows? I don't see why that would be more problematic than eating Earth cows.
What if they were cowlike but with humanoid anatomy?

What if they were cowlike but with humanoid anatomy?

Plenty of people choose not to eat things because they find them 'icky' but there would be no extra moral element.

It's a nice idea, though - I'm sure there must be a sci-fi story out there addressing that one...

cLiZ8ia.jpg

Back
Top Bottom