Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Worst Olympic Event

Ted Striker

Foot's on the other hand
Clearly all the horsey nonsense is front runner for this one (though I've just held my breath and trimmed my fingernails through the posho brit clearing their latest run...), if you'll exclude the nonsensical cash cow entrants of Footy and Tennis etc, tho I'm going to plump for...non-freestyle Swimming races.

Surely picking a means to propel yourself through the water in a fashion that isn't "as quick as you can possibly do" is the equivalent of a 100m running backwards race?

I assume most swimmers don't only enter, say, backstroke (or if you would, why "Hey I can swim the fastest, though only if I've got everyone doing this convoluted motion..."), or do they?

i found synchronised diving to be a strange event.
its the only thing where they have taken another event and made people mirror each other.

why no synchronised shotput?

Syncronised swimming, and beach volleyball is just an opportunity for middle aged men to perv and get away with it. Can't they just play doubles volleyball on a smaller indoor pitch?

Dressage. There is no contest. It's utterly boring and infested with huge numbers of unbearably posh people.

I quite like archery but I've not actually watched any of it

I was going to watch the shooting if the pregnant Malaysian woman was still in it as it would have been fun if she went into labour early :D

I get annoyed at those events where there's both an individual and team medal in the same race (but where you still compete as competitive individuals). You get 3rd and get a bronze - but the rest of your lot whomight be 7th, 9th and 21st also end up getting a medal. I also do get pissed off at the tennis. Know that all of the sports have their own championships as well as the Olympics, but wimbledon etc as so high profile it seems pointless. At least with the football the teams have to be selected on a different basis.

Synchronised diving, while impressive, is pretty fucking daft.

Watched a bit of it yesterday, and the commentator was moaning about one pair of divers not hitting the water at the same time. He didn't say whether the one bloke should've made himself fall faster or the other bloke should've made himself fall slower. He definitely didn't explain how exactly he thought they should go about doing that.

Badminton and tennis
And ping pong.

Re: freestyle - why don't they just call it crawl?
Has anyone chosen to swim any other stroke?
They should have a fat old lady side stroke race and a doggy paddle race.

I was gonna say solo synchronised swimming because, as well as it being a contradiction in terms, is a stupid fucking daft sport. But apparently the Olympic committee realised this and it has been discontinued

Do they still have Walking? I used to giggle at that one.

WalkDontRun00010.jpg

I was going to watch the shooting if the pregnant Malaysian woman was still in it as it would have been fun if she went into labour early :D

I was musing on her the other day, they say that babies can hear music / sounds whilst in the womb (hence why some play classsical / favourite music to soothe / indoctrinate it ;))

What must that kid be thinking? "Fuck going out there, it's a fucking warzone!"

don't see why they have to have football in it - there are plenty of international tournaments for that, same with tennis - ditch them and get some other less popular sports in

Back
Top Bottom