Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

women killers

hash tag

Reaching out
I have just been listening to Terminus BBC Radio 4 Extra - Julie Enfield Investigates, Terminus, 1. Corpse and it occurs to me there are
not many women who kill. I have been trawling my brains. Can't think of any in Hitchcock, Montalbano, Sherlock Holmes,
maybe one or two in Agatha Christie (Murder on the Orient Express), The Saint, Bergerac, Midsomer Murders, the Nordic drama's and
am really struggling to come up with many women murderers.
Are there many out there, someone help me out?

I have just been listening to Terminus BBC Radio 4 Extra - Julie Enfield Investigates, Terminus, 1. Corpse and it occurs to me there are
not many women who kill. I have been trawling my brains. Can't think of any in Hitchcock, Montalbano, Sherlock Holmes,
maybe one or two in Agatha Christie (Murder on the Orient Express), The Saint, Bergerac, Midsomer Murders, the Nordic drama's and
Guess you're meaning fictional ones rather than real ones?

Holmes: if you read Charles Augustus Milverton the blackmailer is killed by a woman. And the missing servant in the Musgrave Ritual left to suffocate by a woman. Rather than racking your brains you might try reading the stories.

There are lots of female assassins and henchwomen in the James Bond movies.

Some other notable ones: Misery, Monster, Audition, Basic Instinct (vaguely ambiguous, but not really), Heavenly Creatures, Friday the 13th, Deep Red, several of the Saw sequels, Serial Mom, at least two of the Scream movies, The Letter, Orphan, Leave Her to Heaven

Hitchcock has one female killer, Sylvia Sidney in Sabotage (1936), though her revenge killing feels justified

Many femme fatales in film noir manipulate weak men into committing murder, though some do the job themselves (The Maltese Falcon)

Last edited:
Jeanne Moreau in The Bride Wore Black gets quite creative in killing off a bunch of men.

BD674968-65CF-4B9B-AE11-5BC9C4CD36C7.jpeg

Seriously or ironically ? The film is actually quite amazing, if for all the wrong reasons. I'm a proud owner Deadly Weapons and its sequel of the blu-ray.
I don't think it was because they were cineastes, and it was definitely pre-ironic cool - very much a case of catching sight of a spectacle, I think!

Although I don't recall she actually kills anyone I'll post this as an example of the female accomplice. See also Bonnie & Clyde and Badlands for based on reality or Natural Born Killers, Kalifornia for influence by them.
There's the whole "rape and revenge" genre which often has females killing. eg Thelma & Louise

Last edited:
going back through my posts looking for something about murder, reread this and of course in the inspector montalbano episode 'the other end of the tunnel' the killer and the victim both women

I feel like there must be some in Highsmith? Also I'm not good at keeping up with new films but afaik I think
The Witch, Hard Candy, and possibly Midsommar must qualify? Have not watched the Doom Generation either but I think that also counts

Back
Top Bottom