Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Woke Content Detector: An entertaining chud meltdown

Rob Ray

Weight is meaningless
There's an absolute goldmine of incoherent facepalm in here:

Highlights include:
  • Half Life 2 is "woke free" (a black scientist and his genius daughter help to lead an anti-colonial resistance movement).
  • Deus Ex is "woke free" (corporations have created an impoverished underclass through restriction of mods vital to social survival)
  • Disco Elysium is "unsure if pro or anti communism" (I just ... jfc people)
  • Red Dead Redemption is "woke" (contains a sassy female character)
  • Civilisation 6 is woke, Civilisation 5 is not.
  • Nearly 1,500 entries in, nobody's gotten round to evaluating League of Legends, Minecraft (gotta be a fail, right? Your character has no gender at all) or Fortnite yet.
  • Hogwarts Legacy: Too much pro LGBTQ+ content (you sure about that one guys?)

Last edited:
Minecraft (gotta be a fail, right? Your character has no gender at all)
Eh? Steve is male and Alex is female. It makes no difference to the game but there's a choice of boy or girl.

ETA: I just checked with Gen A and there are loads more characters than this but they are referring to them as males and females.

Eh? Steve is male and Alex is female. It makes no difference to the game but there's a choice of boy or girl.

ETA: I just checked with Gen A and there are loads more characters than this but they are referring to them as males and females.
They may have introduced more stuff later on but Minecraft when I played it has a baseline avatar who you can then reskin as basically anything. Whether or not it's initially Steve is irrelevant.

They may have introduced more stuff later on but Minecraft when I played it has a baseline avatar who you can then reskin as basically anything. Whether or not it's initially Steve is irrelevant.

There has been a female baseline choice since 2014 and a whole load of other baselines since 2022. There's nothing to stop me playing a genderless character because it's a very open RPG but then I could play pretty much any RPG going as trans or non-binary if I wanted.

There has been a female baseline choice since 2014 and a whole load of other baselines since 2022. There's nothing to stop me playing a genderless character because it's a very open RPG but then I could play pretty much any RPG going as trans or non-binary if I wanted.
Tbf I was mainly playing when it was still a .js download and stopped before Microsoft bought it :p

Final Fantasy VI's two MCs (as widely considered by fans, and SE re Terra) are female and Terra passes representation tests, Locke who is obsessed with protecting women is subverted as "holy shit" levels of creepy.

And FF7 is very political.

Anti-woke people are weird and inconsistent.

Those games should really have trigger warnings on them, they're giving people ptsd symptoms :(

TRIGGER WARNING: THIS GAME MAY CONTAIN FEMALE, NON-WHITE AND NON-BINARY CHARACTERS, AND RAINBOWS

Please click here for wellbeing pack in emergency.

Last edited:
That list is woke as shit, doesn't even mention the Sweet Baby Inc scandal...

Which I should probably summarise briefly because it is one of the most terminally online things ever;

SBI is a consultancy firm that provides advice on narrative etc from a diversity point of view. Worked on Alan Wake 2, God of War: Ragnarok, Spider man 2 among others. Grand total of 16 employees. Apparently changing all the games to make them woke and take them away. Often referred to as gamergate 2, though I don't the resulting harassment campaign has anything like the wider exposure of gamergate (I mean I only heard of it when I was looking for reviews of Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn).

Which I should probably summarise briefly because it is one of the most terminally online things ever;

SBI is a consultancy firm that provides advice on narrative etc from a diversity point of view. Worked on Alan Wake 2, God of War: Ragnarok, Spider man 2 among others. Grand total of 16 employees. Apparently changing all the games to make them woke and take them away. Often referred to as gamergate 2, though I don't the resulting harassment campaign has anything like the wider exposure of gamergate (I mean I only heard of it when I was looking for reviews of Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn).
I didn't like Flintlock. HTH. Terrible performance and very by the numbers souls like.

Reactions: Cid
Back
Top Bottom