Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Win cool Aviation related stuff (Charity raffle)

nick

Pleomorphic Adenomas R us
Win 747 and A380 simulator sessions at the British Airways Learning Academy at Heathrow, Spitfire simulator , a visit to NATS and the LHR tower, limited edition aviation prints, and more
Its all in aid of Pilots Together, a UK registered charity that was established to help pilots who were made redundant partly due to COVID-19. PilotsTogether is working to provide career, mental health, and financial assistance to these pilots to bridge them to their next opportunity.

Charity site is here: PilotsTogether – Supporting Colleagues in Need (TLDR: - early 20s, £130k training loans, small salaries, shafted by BA and other airlines)
Raffle pages: Charity Raffles 2020 – PilotsTogether

Here is a twitter link to a 2 minute BBC news item that explains the plight better than can I.

I don't suppose BA have a lot of use for a 747 simulator any more, so maybe given lockdown they should raffle the whole thing off.

Good point well made. I just googled that question and see that BA is flogging 1Hr of 747 sim for £449. So I guess it may have some version of a future.

Despite my involvement with this charity, I have little knowledge of the aviation world. I do suspect that these simulators are a bit more complex than a fast PC running Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

There are different types of simulator, but they're usually a full replication of a cockpit with screens built in.

BA retired their 747 fleet this year early due to Covid. The A380 is looking questionable too.

I don't suppose BA have a lot of use for a 747 simulator any more, so maybe given lockdown they should raffle the whole thing off.

I did it for my 40th, was fucking awesome. They said the thing cost £16m, but guess you could pick one up for less these days. If I won the Euromillions I most definitely would be getting one!

There are different types of simulator, but they're usually a full replication of a cockpit with screens built in.

BA retired their 747 fleet this year early due to Covid. The A380 is looking questionable too.

My man told me that if they needed to they could remove parts from the sim and use them in a real aircraft.

My man told me that if they needed to they could remove parts from the sim and use them in a real aircraft.
It would be expensive and counter-productive to build replica control panels and instruments; much better just to wire up the genuine article then simulate the oily bits, geese, etcetera.

There is a live stream of the draw from 1600 (GMT) today, Sunday

Lots of people talking of things airplane related

Still a little time left to buy tickets, if you haven't already done so.1607261337354.png

Back
Top Bottom