Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Why is one sport an Olympic one and another not?

Getting away from Mr Boyle and wanking for a minute, as a vaguely related but pretty random aside, there is a massivse schism in ballroom dancing - yes, ballroom dancing - just now between governing bodies. The World Dance Sport Federation is pushing for ballroom and latin dancing in the Olypmics, but not all the governing bodies in all countries support them.
The IOC seems to be going with "Foxtrot off and agree it between yourselves before you come bothering us" at present.

If it does get in I suppose we'll have to suffer Anton Du Beke commentating. Or that git Chris Hollins, more like. Gah.

The link I posted on the cycling thread from the IOC explains some of the thinking around what gets picked as an Olympic sport.

I reckon the next country hosting the massive farce should do something brave, like getting rid of the 100m sprint and bringing in darts, something like that.

Onket said:
I reckon the next country hosting the massive farce should do something brave, like getting rid of the 100m sprint and bringing in darts, something like that.

:D

Regarding cricket I think it should be in as 20/20 format.

Back
Top Bottom