Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Why do I keep getting " new voicemail" notifications ?

gentlegreen

I hummus, therefore I am ...
And they're always zero length and there,'s never any missed call on the timeline.
I'm on Giffgaff....
I don't even have voicemail set up.
I'm a very infrequent user of calls / texts

Screenshot_20230526-034114.jpg

Last edited:
Ok I went to Giffgaff and turned off the voicemail I never knew I'd set up in the first place.
Ditto call-forwarding.

Last edited:
I like to know how things work.

I still don' t understand why the phone company doesn't indicate *voicemail from X"
I only recently started listening to them to see if they then go away now I am paying for Giffgaff bundles and know I won't have to pay extra.
I'm never far from my phone and apart from if my battery dies on me, pretty well always reachable through the network...

Last edited:
gg - if those calls are "real" - I suspect that they are probably the result of an auto-dialler system / marketing.
Similar to when one gets a landline call and there's no-ne there - ie the auto-dialler rang the number but the call wasn't picked up by a "customer service person" in the call [scam] centre.

Just ignore them / turn off the voicemail system ... and don't worry about it.

gg - if those calls are "real" - I suspect that they are probably the result of an auto-dialler system / marketing.
Similar to when one gets a landline call and there's no-ne there - ie the auto-dialler rang the number but the call wasn't picked up by a "customer service person" in the call [scam] centre.

I've turned it off - not that I ever turned it on.
I'll try turning it back on then off again ..

OK done that - let's see what happens ...

Bonkers that giffgaff / 02 whatever can't delete zero length messages - or at least include caller ID - or if spoofed, once again, delete them...

I was getting a load of these at one point and they stopped, wondering if thats when I swapped giffgaff for smarty now.

I actually got a scam phone call the other day but I was cycling at the time and they hung up before I could pick it up in case it was important - but the 020 number when I looked it up turned out to be a "O2 free phone call" scam that was brand new on that day.
I'm such a light user I don't have the motivation to learn how to set up a microphone and voice commands...
I suppose if I had picked it up I might have been in for more of them as a verified active number...

Back
Top Bottom